i got cancelled today by a crazy lady

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 17, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i got cancelled today by some old thick headed italian lady
    i had her all last year but this is my first time doing her cleanup .she stated are u going to use rakes because if you dont im gona cancel right now.key word is cancel right now...i said i use rakes to get up the big stuff.then mow over the lawn.ohh ok sweetie .well i did that didnt leave not one leaf on the lawn blown out beds raked the heavy stuff mowed over the light stuff then ground blown the mulch in to a little pile picked it up .that was the exact procedure .would you believe she said i didnt rake enough .i told her i had mowed your lawn for the last two weeks you tell me this now.then she gives me a exscuse im to young im just a baby i dont know how long im going to stay with her .i told her im 23 yrs old i did your lawn all last year .here it comes this is how i no some lowballer got her.you know you always did a good job for me im not in the mood to talk about it goodluck to you have no hard feelings .i told her if you want me back theres a good chance of a price increase .thats how we left off i was sooo dam mad i took her check to the bank and locked my keys in the car from thinking about this shyt the whole ride there.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Sorry to hear that, at least she paid you for the job. Wait for better things.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

At least you got paid. Upset because you didn't use a rake enough. Maybe you should have used it upside her head. :D

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

yea when you get cancelled though you feel like you do crappy work but i no i lost it to someone cheaper plus i got to people that i replaced fopr her .plus one of the customer i got is looking for me to install a huge rock garden....so not to bad but still feels like i lost out...

5. i lost an italian customer as well last week. great customer. crazy as heck. these people are some of the nuttiest people i have ever met before to be honest with you. and while you are happy to be rid of the headaches you miss being a part of it. that is how i feel at least.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

im beting she calls you back

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

don't worry about , if you do you won't produce your top work thinking about what happened. this happened to me my 2nd year, a lady called and said she was gunna give the old service a try again because they coned her in to thinking they were gunna go out of business if they don't get more lawns, 2 weeks later she calls me begging for us to take her back. i did becuase i cut 2 others on her street but raised my price for that year on her lawn. ever since then 3 years later and she has me do everything she needs in the yard.

hey even if she doesn't come back we all know that you will pick up something so much better that you will sleep like a baby all night long. it always happens.

8. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that....Just be happy ya got that check!

Peace!

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I had a customer ask if I raked. I said that I just bagged the whole lawn. I think what he was getting at was that he wanted me to rake everything (even mulch beds) like it was part of the lawn service.

I had another guy years ago that wanted me weed eat with hand clippers. We dissolved that relationship right away.

They both were, you guessed it. Italian.

10. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I'm Italian and I am in no way as crazy as them folks! Some people were just dropped as children or something. Could be power lines by their house too or something in their drinking water. Being Italian is probably a coincidence but then again the most psycho women are italian girls from Jersey! :)