I got final price from Hustler Dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

These are the prices I have from my dealer. I think they are good prices but I wanted input on the difference between the models.

Edit: These are out the door prices. No trade in and cash purchase.
    Hustler Z 23/52 Kawi with suspension seat $7750
    Hustler Z 27/52 Kohler with suspension $7900

Hustler Super Mini Z 27/52 Kohler $7600
    Hustler Super Mini Z 25/52 Kawi $7500
    Hustler Super Mini Z 24/52 Honda $7400

This what I have gathered. The only benefit the Super Mini has is the bigger pumps and cooling. Well trim, but I am fine with the Z trim and some don't like the stripes the off set deck puts down.

The benefit of the Hustler Z is the 5" deck, wider stance for hill holding. Plus My current Mulch kit and blow out baffle will fit it. If I decide to sell the current one, I can swap these.

The overall speed is not something that I care about. I don't cut acreage.

I do tow an aerator, but the Hustler Z has held up well with that. If the bigger pumps and cooling came on the Z it would be a no brainier.

I am leaning back toward the Hustler Z (probably with 27HP kohler) only because of the deeper deck (we get some tall thick fescue, BG lawns in the spring) and what I think will be better hill holding (even though we don't have mountains here).

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Soupy

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you get make sure you get the suspension seat.

I have the Hustler Super Mini Z 52". I cut a few places that have 2 - 4 acres and that suspension seat is a life saver for my back when I am flying across the yard cutting grass and hitting bumps.

I paid $6800 for mine 1-1/2 years ago.

3. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

The Z with 27 kohler is only $150.00 more so I would go with that.

If I were to go with the mini Z for the $100.00 more for the 27 kohler I would go with that.

4. Soupy

I am going to go with the Kohler. Also the suspension seat is priced into the Z already.

I only mulch during leaf season. I wanted to clarify that since I did mention I had a mulch kit.

The other dis advantage of the Super Mini is no blow out baffle available. Also I heard that it is hard to put a striping kit on it because of low clearance.

The more I think about it, I am leaning more and more toward the Z.

Does anyone know if the Hydro cooling can be added to the Z? That is the only advantage I can see with the Super Mini. Well the pumps are bigger too, but the BDP10's are great little pumps and come on many mowers.

5. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Soupy,

I hope you like the Kohler. When I bought my mini52, it was not an option at that time. I ended up going with the Honda 24 and it has been a good one so far, but I would have taken a serious look at that 27hp. My next ztr will most likely be another Hustler so I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on your new one.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd go with the Hustler Z with the 27 hp Kohler. If you really wanted an oil cooler on the machine you could probibly add an aftermarket cooler.

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Hustler Z 23/52 price is a little on the high side, but not by much. I paid $7367 with a mulch kit and anti blow-out kit. That was in the fall of 2003, but I don't think the pricing has gone up much since that time. If I did it again I would still get Hustler Z, but I would get the 27 Kohler. A little more power would help for mulching tall, wet grass in the Spring.

8. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer prices have gone up quite a bit. On Oct 1st 2004 Hustler went up and Scag did the same. I think his prices are very fair, looking at my dealer prices.

Are you sure the 27Kohler/52" Hustler Z comes with a suspension seat? It's not standard on that model so be sure he's adding it in.

Souply.......I PM'd you my input.

9. Soupy

He added it. I think he said it added $300 to the cost.

10. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Why don't you step up to the SUPER Z,it comes with the suspention seat and the hydrolic cooler--it even has a spoiler,ibought one ,a demo in NOV.04 for $7,200>had 40 hours with full warenty--check www.hustlerturfequipment.com under classifieds....might find something there :waving: :waving: