I got good news yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Apr 2, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

On April Fools day no less, I actually thought it was a joke. I was over my brothers place waiting on 5 yards of fill dirt to level off his backyard. We were getting it from a buddy of ours from high school who we have known since we were 10 years old. He runs a lawn care/landscaping business here in town and I worked with him a few years back. He finally arrived after getting stopped by the DOT for a seat belt ticket after an inspection and crap. He tells me his company is trying to phaze out lawnmowing in a few years and were not taking on any new accounts this year but were getting a buttload of calls the past 2 weeks. He noticed my flyer in his grandfathers store and told me he had been referring the calls to another LCO but he was not a big fan of his work and told me he would be referring the calls to me now. I have only given 1 estimate and was wondering when the calls were gonna start and then I got that great piece of news. Got my equipment today finally and just got to get my new truck in the next couple weeks. I hope the calls start pouring in now. I was just waiting for the psyche out April Fools joke but it was all true.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey, Congarats on all the luck :)

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Good luck with getting some new clientele!!

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck, much work will come in time! Soon your gonna be wishing you had a break again.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I sure hope the phone starts ringing. I knew it was gonna be a grind and a tough go in year 1 and maybe parts of year 2, I just hope with this gift that fell in my lap I can start off my business with some good success.