I got it, is this a deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Mar 22, 2008.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I was wrong its the Husq 223L weed wacker for $259.00 and the Redmax EZB8001 $509.00 Can I use Red max oil in my Husq? Any tips breaking in my Red max? Never owned brand new equipment so sorry for the stupid questions.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new stuff! Always nice to have new, even though it dosn't stay that way for long...

Shouldn't be a problem running the red-max oil in the husky.

I'd have opted for the 323L, mostly because of how much lighter they are. Not sure if there's a big power difference between the two though. (I have 2 of them)

3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I just paid $550.00 for the same blower. Sounds like you got a decent deal from my point of view...

Enjoy it. My guys love the power.

4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

the 223L and 323L are almost identical in weight and use the same engine. There are 2 differences. The 223L is cable drive instead of a steel driveshaft like the 323L and the guard is different. The 223L uses the same guard as the homeowner 125L model and the 323L uses the guard from the 326L/LS/LX units

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I see... I guess I was thinking the 324L model being heavier. But it's a 4 stroke honda. If the 223 is the same engine (though it's .2hp less in power) it should be pretty nice. Still can't beat 9 lbs for a trimmer! And the guard dosn't mean crap to me, I take them off as soon as they get home.

6. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

Congrats on the new purchase! How are the Husqvarna trimmers compared to Echo? Say the Husqvarna 223L to the Echo SRM-230?