I got mine! (SWB)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PaulJ, Sep 29, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I finally got it tuesday the dealer brought it to me to demo (after i said I would buy it unless I hated it). I liked it and the way it handled and cut so I kept it.

It is 48" Hustler Super Walk-Behind With a 6.2 cuft accelerator bagger and a Bull-rider sulky. I love this thing. It makes mowing fun again. Handling is simple and easy, I'm getting better and faster after having to relearn from driving a belt drive for a few years. Bagging isn't near as much of a pain because of not having to dump near as often thanks to the accelerator. and the bullrider is great. Three point and true zero turns without having to get off the sulky. The power is amazing. mowing as fast as comfortable without missing a beat.

here is a pic I took tonight I will try to get some better ones and some stripe and mowing pictures.

The only problem is having to rearrange m y trailer to fit it on. Bigger trailer will have to wait.

photo15006.jpg

2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

PaulJ - If you don't mind sharing, how many hp on the engine & what did you pay? I have some decisions to make with regard to adding a mower this fall/winter and after reading all of the positive threads from pros such as yourself I would love to demo one.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

PaulJ,
    Congrats on the new mower !!!
    It looks great !!
    What dealer did you get it from and how much $$$ ??
    And thank you very much for being a Hustler customer !!!

Pj

4. PaulJ

It's got the 23 hp kaw with the Donaldson air filter and dual exhaust (i still think they should be chrome!).

The dealer is Craft Specialties, Mark and Susan Craft in Hadar NE, just north of Norfolk NE, about 140+/- miles NW from Omaha.
    they were the only dealers that would actually get a demo machine for me to try. I did have to pretty much commit to buying it first but They knew that I wouldn't sign until trying it. They putt the whole package together for me with the Accelerator and bull rider.

price was $750 off list for the mower.
    list is about $6300
    I got the mower $5550
    + 6.2 cuft accelerator $500
    + Bull Rider sulky $350
    = -----------------
    $6400

plus I had him order a spare filter for the Donaldson and two extra sets of blades and he put the cup holder on the mower so I financed about $6500 with no interest until March 2004 and no payments till April. Then it will be about 250 a month for 36 months at 9.8% if I don't refinance through my bank then.

I am wondering now why I waited so long.

5. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Hey Paul,

My grandparents farmed in Creighton. Others in Norfolk and Plainview.

Dang there's A LOT of corn out there!!!!!

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Paul, awesome machine, I'm happy for you enjoy it and make lots of money with it. That is a LOT of power for that size deck, should easily spin doubles all day long :)

7. PaulJ

Idaho

I grew up in Crofton -about 40 miles from Creighton. Small world ain't it.

back to mowing again tommorow. Should be FUN!

8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

PaulJ - Thanks for the feedback. I like all the hp on that size mower. Not too bad on the price, either. I'll have to look at Hustler this fall. Have fun with the mower!

9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Paul now you need to get a flex deck and the MEG MO blades. That the set up we put on down in Tenn.

10. PaulJ

Now I can't figure out why I waited so long. I went to my brothers farm this last weekend and used the new mower on some of the same areas I used to mow with a Snapper RER when I was kid. What used to take me over half a day took just a little over half and hour. This mower is amaizing. I htink I have gooten used to the controls now. I can do fast turns without tearing anuyhting up. The inside wheel does a 3 pint turn while the outside wheel does a U turn and I am off in the other direction. Much faster than the belt drive I was runnning. And smoother to.

I am waiting o the flex deck until it's paid for or until I add a few BIG accounts.