I got my first two exmarks the other day but have a ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronnie Greenwood, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ronnie Greenwood

ronnie Greenwood LawnSite Member
    from Il

I purchesed my first two walk behind a 48" floating and a 36" fixed gear drives these thing are bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been able to try the 48" yet becouse they did not have it in stock so they gave me a demo 36" I also ordered mulching kits for them how much will they help with all of the discharge that covered one of my lawns today I had to blow it all in a pile and remove it to make it look good:cry:

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Are you running with the chute up or down?

I've never had a problem with my eXmark clumping, except in extremely heavy growth, and then a few extra minutes to double cut or blow an area solves that..

My eXmark did get a lot of grass buildup on the deck when brand new...... use Mo-Deck now... works great!

3. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

maybe it is becouse most of the lawn I did today were under hevy growth and it was kind of damp

4. QUALITY LAWNCUTS

QUALITY LAWNCUTS LawnSite Member

If you are not going to be doing any bagging that is the best purchase IMO for your exmark you will love the mulching abilities. I have a lazer HP and also got the micro mulch kit it's great. If you are going to be putting them on yourself don't forget the 15/16 wrench.

5. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

are they easy to put on

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

OK.... now I have a ???

Quality Lawncuts.......

How long does it take you, realistically in the field with hand tools, to swap from mulching to discharging?....... I don't know if this is a problem for you, as I don't mow in FL....... In this area, most regular cuts should mulch fine I would think, but some may get too heavy too fast...... may have to swap partway through the day, or one day a week, or more....any thoughts?..........

7. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

I was talking about leaving them on just wondering is it a simple thing to put them on

8. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

wow that was a little backwards i want to put them on and leave them on and i was wondering if it is fairly easy

9. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

I think I am dislexic our delirious lol

10. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

Personally, I wouldn't want to be taking the mulch kit on and off. If you have 2 mowers maybe you could have one set up to mulch and the other to discharge and bag. It seems like it would be a hassle to be taking the mulch kit off and on.