I got my new Dixie Chopper!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep at 10:00 am i was loading a 20 hp 50'' Chopper on my trailer. And no one has got me off it yet !!! That thing is aw-some. Man i am so happy.

I don't have a digital camera so i will post some pics as soon as they are done.:cool: payup payup

2. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

i'm getting a 22hp 50inch next week, can't waitl

3. Eric 1

Matthew, you will love it.

btw didn't you get one off ebay not to long ago?

4. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, that is the one i'm still waiting on. I paid the man within one week of auction end, and while he was waiting for my check to clear he had to serve emergency duty running a river boat. He told me as soon as he found out he'd be gone, but he WAY underestimated his time gone. Long story short, the mower is finally (fingers crossed) on its way, with a new seat and some other extras to make up for my wait.

Is yours used? I have heard that they are fast, and I like that, is it true?

Thanks-----------

5. Eric 1

Nope mine is brand new, 4.5 hours, yes it is plenty fast i think the CUTTING speed not TRANSPORT speed (which is what most company's advertise,) anyhow the top speed on mine is 8mph...cutting, i have no clue how fast it is with the blades off, but it is enough for me!

Thats to bad you are having to wait so long,talk about torture!:)