I got Punked too

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lbilawncare, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

So I show up to mow a condo assoc. that I also fertilize. I get in the back and see what I think are spreader tracks. They are evenly spaced but crooked as can be. My first thought is Trugreen has lowballed me, then I remember they only use liquid this round because water is cheap and granular is not. My mind starts racing, am I good enough, do these people value me, please Dear God don't let them fire me ( actually, I was only thinking about what to have for lunch) Anyway, I get around the corner and see tracks going in all directions on a front lawn. I'm like, WTF is this guy thinking ? So I look down the street and here he comes, little 4 year old Johnny on his John Deere POWERWHEEL. I should have known ! I AM good enough, these people really DO value me, and they AREN'T going to fire me. FWIW, I had a meatball sandwich at Subway with peanut butter cookies.

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL! Don't you have a contract? :laugh:

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I have a contract. Contracts are no good if a competitor can't read street addresses. Last year Scotts Lawnservice did three of my residentials, I don't know why. It did save me from doing them, and the customers were gone (maybe I should have just swapped the flag)