1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I got quoted this price on another WB, yea or nay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Apr 14, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

New Exmark Viking with ECS, 36" deck, 15hp pull start kawi.

Seems like a lot...? considering I got my TTHP for 5800 out the door with the exmark standon... This is the same salesman who sold me the TTHP.

Input? Yes I know it's a fixed deck, but I don't see the need for a floater with such a small deck width.
  2. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

I just bought a 48" Metro with the same engine for 3000 plus tax including a set of jungle wheels. I know this is a gear/belt drive instead of a hydro like the viking, but the owner priced me the viking for right at a grand more.
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I would run, fixed deck is okay but when you do blade-changing, it is another whole world...
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Floating decks are the equivalent of training wheels on a bike, thou I prefer a 48" deck
  5. fiveoboy01

Topsy, a floating deck is great simply because height adjustments take seconds compared to a fixed deck machine.

I don't care about the blade changing issue, I'm just concerned that the price I was quoted is too high.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds about right, I was looking at the same machine for $4600 up here. Blew me away, in 2002 I paid $4800 before tax on a TTHP 36". Prices have gone up drastically it seems.
  7. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds a bit high to me too. I think anyting under $4300 these days is good.
  8. m396 #00-011

m396 #00-011 LawnSite Member

Same prices here for a 36" Viking. ($4700)
  9. fiveoboy01

Heh I forgot about this post...

I think that I must have put the wrong price up there, cause I got a 36" TTHP for the same price. I think the Viking was actually 4300 or 4400.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Even $4300 seems high. I was quoted $4311.00 + tax for a 48" viking.