I Got Rear Ended

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 13, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I got a big love tap from some a$$hole at an intersection last week. He bent the metal bar on my trailer that holds the gate hinge pin. Pushed it in about 1-2 inches. Now the gate binds while being lowered. Damage is $450. His insurance is picking up the tab.

2. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

How bad was his car damaged?Trailers don't exactly have springed bumpers:)<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

it was probably the same guy who owns the toad you shot out of your backpack blower :)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of idiots driving around for sure. Sorry to hear.<br>This happened to me at the end of my first year. The trailer was bent, it snapped the strap that held the mower and the worst part was my hitch bent down at a 45 degree angle. I didn't even notice the hitch damage until the sheriff showed it to me. <br>Did your hitch or frame get damaged?

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A Neon hit me. His facia was scratched, but he didn't care. My truck and trailer hitch are ok.

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear.Did you lights work?? My trailer came of that truck and hit a car in the next lane at 35 mph head on earlier this year. Realy sucks. I know another guy in town who had his truck parked on the raod while cutting w/ cones and everything out and some b**** ran up his ramp and fliped her car at 40 mph cause she wasn't paying attention. Stupid people.