i got robbed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, Feb 6, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

some one tried to brake into my shed, but they couldnt get in so the tore a couple of board's off the back and they reached in and took a still trimmer,edger,and a still chain saw. I guess they got scared or interupted or didnt have the room to load my other equipment because the barn wasnt locked and they didnt take my 36,21,areator,rope's,harness,ladder's,saddle's,chap's,bridle's,etc.
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I it's terrible that a working man can't have equipment without worrying about someone stealing it. Will your insurance cover the equipment that was taken?
  3. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

my next investment would be a gun
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that. You can never have too much security on your things. I hope your insurance will help you out or you get your stuff back.
  5. mybabyciv

mybabyciv LawnSite Member

Did you have homeowners? Hope all is well. My equipment is my kids!
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, that sux man, hope your insurance comes through.
  7. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

This is getting crazy! Here in Atlanta, companies were getting robbbed in the field while mowing lawns. Two guys would just walk up to the employees with a gun and tell them to load up the equipment. Once they got the trailer loaded up they pulled the trailer away the truck they pulled up in. This had become a major issue here in Atlanta, it was even on the news. I dont think they were ever caught.

Anyone from Atlanta remember hearing about this last year?
  8. METRO 36

the dog's were penned and i got guns but i wasnt home
  9. METRO 36

the insurance will cover the chain saw but i just got the trimmer and edger and they werent covered yet
  10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

DAYUM!!That hurts!Well have to put in a motion detection alarm now..inexpensive and worth it.They put them in houses and barns and garages.Horses may set it off though but not in the shed.