i got some good pictures of a BladeRunner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captdevo, Feb 22, 2002.

1. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i got some pretty good pics of the Bladerunner!

Looks interesting...

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

just showing some pictures, i'm not wanting to stir things up, i'm not interesting in hearing everyones opinion.

unless you've run one, please keep your opinions to yourself please.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Thanks for the photo coverage. Should help answer a lot of questions folks have asked about them.:)

3. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice simple and efficient machine. the only question I have is: what are the chains on the deck for ( I assume to change the deck height ) If I am correct in my assumption, do the chains have a problem getting clogged with grass and debris. Looks like they would have to be cleaned at very regular intervals.
    Besides that, I like the simple design.

4. captdevo

it has an electric deck lift. smooth.

the chains are actually nicer than i've seen on some dirt bikes.

the other neat thing is the gauges for the hydros.

the floorpan hinges forward for simple, complete exposure to them, the deck and frame for cleaup.

btw, the black mat under the deck is the floor mat, they left it off for show.

the head on pic of the stainless model looks askew for some reason, it actually looks exactly like the painted model.

5. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Good photos but I don't understand your comment about keeping opinions to yourself?
    I do notice a couple of items that are somewhat "strange"...
    Left hand discharge on the deck. Is this a common feature on these machine?
    The drive belts on the deck are made from the "link belt" system. I've never seen anyone else using these on mower equipment before. I do have some on a few of mine but thought I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing as the package these came in said not to use them on automobiles or outdoor power equipment. I'm curious if anyone else has used them? My experience with these in an industrial enviroment was that they are much quieter and smoother than a regualar v-velt. And so far I haven't worn one out.
    I also notice the engine is a "Robin". Don't see many of these on mowers. I do have a smaller HP unit that uses a Robin and is about the quietest and smoothest engine I have.
    Cleve.
    Cleve.

6. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

does the belt drive on the deck have a guard?

what kind of prices are these running?

7. captdevo

don't get me wrong, input is good, i just don't want to see the slamming and name calling like other posts.

yes it has left side discharge because the hydro is bolted direct to the engine and the spindle belt goes to the front of the engine.

the link belt is nice..

they offer Robin, Kawa, kohler and lambordini diesels.

yes, there is a belt/spindle cover, it was off for display

i think prices are comparable to most mid-mounts

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a great copy of the Dixie Chopper frame. I wonder why it has a left discharge instead of the usual right discharge.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some input, not slamming, just imputing!!

WOW !!:eek: All I can say is Dixie Chopper must not have had a real good patent attorney!!

Mirror image that deck and its a direct copy of a Dixie right down to the 47 carriage bolts (that you have to scrape around) to attach the top deck plate!!

I think they got a little too hung up on using the direct drive pump, and re-engineered everything else around it. I would have gone the way that Lazer does and serp. belt them and keep the engine facing the right way. If for no other reason to be able to use standard RH blades. Dont fully understand the link belt reasoning?

The machine itself looks to be built very well. Wheel motor brackets are quite impressive! Welds look good. Gas tanks look like they hang out a bit and look venerable. :( Looks like they stepped back in time with the front ONLY deck lift (like the old Dixies). Dont understand the space between the drive tires and the back of the deck? :confused: Seems like a lot of room there that will lead to belly scalping.

Seems like its made by somebody like me/us, who sees a product and thinks they can improve it. Only thing is, I think they went backwards with some things, and only stuck to copying Dixie engineering which is a little less than perfect to begin with (IMHO) :eek: Theres about 4 mowers that I'd combine their best features on, not just stick to one.

Overall, nice piece of equipment. Would I buy one? Probably not, at least with my money. But this isn't a garbage mower, and I dont see it breaking due to engineering flaws.

Still scratching my head about the Dixie similarities :confused:

10. plow kid

plow kid Banned

same here, I dont like the left hand discharge, but it's about time that there iz a Z with a wisconsin / Robin engine on it, best engines ever made IMO.~NaTe