I got the best birthday present ever!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yesterday was my birthday. I did what I did last year. I didn't do a damn thing that was related to work. Other send my two part time guys out to finish a mulch job. Spend most of the day sleeping.
    Here is last years post. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=74781 I did get to go sailing this year on my birthday. I did fined out my girlfriend is terrified of small sail boats and lake water. O well.

Well my grandfather gave me the best birthday present ever. He gave every one of my cousins a used car or a truck (there is 12 of us). Which is easy for him since he is an auto body guy/mechanic/used car salesman. So they where all wreck at some point. But I never got anything (my father demands every car I rid in has ABS, airbags and never been in a wreck) So my grandfather always felt really bad about it, since my sister and I got left out. So what did I get I got a 1972 Bobcat 600M skidloader. With a bucket, spikes, manure bucket and forks. He put a new motor in it and replaced all the hydraulic lines. Now he just has to paint it and I will get to bring it home. All I need to do is put tires on it and weld a crack in the bucket. YAHOO!!!!! :D :D :drinkup: You can't beat that. The best part is there is pictures of me in this bobcat when I was 3 years old. He bought it off his friend who he always borrowed it from.

He still can't figure out what to get my sister that isn't a car. :confused:

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Maybe she'd like a manure bucket of her own. :p

3. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

Now that's a gift I wish I would have gotten 19 years ago! Yours is an 1972? Did they have a ROPS back then? Got my M600 in 1995 and after restoring it have e njoyed using it ever since. Not sure of the year, but I was told mid 70's. Of course this is from a guy who was given a 1969 Dodge Charger at 16, and still have and drive that car! Glad to see that someone else is running a non-hydrostatic machine. Hope you also got a new drive belt and manual to show all the maintenance points. Watch out for that variable belt drive, it can get stuck and be a source of all kinds of headaches. Don't forget to check the clutch adjustments and lubricate the lever arms~!

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thats exactly what I did all weekend.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

I almost didn't even visit this site, but then just had to see what everyone was up to and how their holiday was going.