I got the echo PB750 blower today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy11, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. lawnboy11

    lawnboy11 Banned
    Posts: 181

    All I can say is holy crapola batman, it's a monster.

    I actually had extra fun today doing clean-ups with the new toy. I'm not promoting or comparing to RedMax or anything else, but it is the best Echo so far (I've been thru several and they were good and still are running, but in comparison they blow) Pun intended. Do yourself a big favor if you need a new blower and check it out at least.

    Expensive, but worth it.
     
  2. paponte

    paponte LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,366

    They are the same machines as the PB650's. Only thing that changed was the air filter. The motors are the same size, power. :cool:
     
  3. Bunton Guy

    Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,762

    And different throttle location to right paponte ??
     
  4. TotalCareSolutions

    TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 518


    Did you mean: "...Stihl are running, but..."
     
  5. Grass Master

    Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 328

    Totalcare....no..if they were Stihl they would be in the river by now. The power of the new PB-650 and 750 is sooo much stronger that Stihl that you cannot believe it until you try it!!

    Lawnboy....you are right! The new PB-750 is awesome and there is a little more CFM due to the larger air cleaner. The other bonus is that it is much quieter than any of the competition by 3 to 4 decibels.

    Also...the Echo backpacks all have a 2 year COMMERCIAL warranty!!

    Echo blowers rock!!
     
  6. Turf Dancer

    Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 681

    The Shindiawa EB630 still beats it ! 3% more air volume than the echo
     
  7. Grass Master

    Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 328

    TurfDancer.....

    There is NO way that the Shindaiwa out performs the Echo!! (Plus Echo offers the added benefit of a 2 year commercial warranty!!)

    I have ran both and seen tests done at major trade shows that prove the Echo a much superior blower (much stronger overall air flow)....you can't always believe catalog information...it is often VERY misleading!!

    Again.....Echo rocks!!! It's all that I use!!
     
  8. djsmokin

    djsmokin LawnSite Member
    Posts: 127

    I bought an Echo PB650 about 3 months ago and it's a beast. I had a clean up the other day with leaves on the roof of a tall one story house. (wet leaves) Never got off the ground and blew it clean.

    That PB750 must be wild. I would have held out for it had I known it was coming out.
     
  9. yardman1

    yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 458


    Actually, The pb-750 has 25less cfm compared to the pb-650. In the 2002 catalog the 650 has 650 cfm and in the 2003 catalog the 750 has 625 at the end of the tube. I am not trying to start a pissing match, just quoting the catalog, and I also own both of them.
    And another thing I bought a Redmax eb7001rh and the echo wins as far as power. Just my .02 cents.
     
  10. Turf Dancer

    Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 681

    I saw them compared side by side a couple weeks ago and I can say from what I saw the Shindaiwa Won ! Not by alot but enough that I would still buy it over the echo! Besides I have been in my dealers Service area and about half of the handheld machines in for repairs from their commercial guys are Echos. But Echo only accounts for about 15% of their handheld equipment sales ! The other 85% is Stihl and Shindaiwa with a small percentage Honda 4 stroke trimmers which I have two of and have been running the 1st one I bought for 4 years no problems ! So explain to me why Echo is so great now ?
    Fine so their warrenty is longer ! I get a 2 year warrenty on all the Handheld Equipment I buy from my dealers !
     

Share This Page