1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Got Trashed!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Northern, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Northern

Northern LawnSite Member

I'm kinda new here but have been lurking for a while. Anyways, I thought you might enjoy this one. Yestarday I was leaving the dump getting ready to turn out on the highway as soon as the dump truck in front of my got out of the way. All of a sudden I hear this noise and I turn and there is a wall of trash and debris flying towards the windshield. I immediately dove for the floor. A truck hauling a constuction dumpster, the ones that are about 30 feet long and 8 feet wide and tall, took the corner to quickly and the whole dumpster and contents fell on my truck. If that thing fell off a little sooner I could have been seriously hurt or worse. The worst thing is that I just traded in my piece of junk truck for a 2001 F450. Oh well, I guess it coulda been worse.
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully they paid for a new truck for you? :confused:

If not go to court to get yourself a new truck.
  3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

I sure hope you took a shower when you got home. ;)

Man thats really gotta suck.... Your lucky, thoes dumpers are pretty darn heavy.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

all I can say is you're lucky
  5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

thats gotta suck
  6. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Thank God you are ok. Trucks can be fixed easier then you.
    Good luck with getting things fixed.

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

He11 the backs or necks gotta be hurting enough by now to earn a 2004 model and maybe a little $$$ for your troubles tell them to call it a christmas present! I'm glad your not hurting to bad and I'm sure the back will feel better with that new truck. Good Luck

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The very 1st thing I would have done when I got home (besides changing my pants and underwear...LOL) would be to phone my attorney.

BTW, Mac has got the right idea too.
  9. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, I dunno about that. Simple procedure at the urologists office, really. One incision and couple of snips, some cotterization and stitches and I was outta there. Even drove myself home.

Oops, wrong kind of "fixing" :blush:
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with Mac and Rodfather.Glad you're OK, and enjoy the new '04 F 450 and extra cash from lost wages from the loss of work without the truck.:D