I got way too hot today

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zackvbra, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

You nailed it Oomes. 32 vid must not know how to use google. G2, a product of Gatorade, has 1/2 the calories and 1/2 the sugar of the original Gatorade. It comes in low calorie, etc. and still has the sodium and potassium. Here is the website for you fluid geeks so you can check it out yourself. I always found the low cal G2 at my local market but haven't looked here in eastern KS yet. www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#gseries?s=g2

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I drink 2 garerades a day usually. I really feel depleted if I don't drink one. Electrolytes are important. But aside from that I drink a bottle of water after every yard. Works well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

don't worry about how much to drink. when it's hot and humid you should be drinking every chance you get. basically drink all day long non stop. obviously don't drink and mow. :laugh:

4. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

I like your idea of the latter. :)

5. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

When fully hydrated urine is clear. Not almost, not nearly, not just about, just clear.

Any trace of color then not fully hydrated.

6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

No suggestion stripping is ugly.

Coffee and Tea are a problem not due to the sugar. They are diuretics.

12 oz soda has 40 grams of sugar.

15 grams in a Tablespoon.

That's 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of sugar in one can of soda.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

More misinformation. Normal urine color is pale yellow caused by a normal pigment called urochrome. Perfectly clear urine is a sign of over hydration which left unchecked can lead to hydro toxicity. Unless you are on diuretic medications for hypertension or other medical conditions clear urine is not normal and is the bodies way of disposing of excess fluid. Just another case of too much of a good thing. There are some posters on here that clearly have a medical background and some that need to learn basic anatomy and physiology. Having treated patients dehydrated from sub zero exposure, those with heat exhaustion from days in 115 degree heat with no fluids and those with chronic kidney failure and urinary retention, I feel quite qualified to give an educated opinion here. I don't know where some of these wives tales come from ,but they are not part of modern medical training.

I haven't found a sports drink, tea or soda that doesn't provide some benefit to the hydration process. If it tatses good amd gets you to drink, have at it. If you like sweet , great. If you prefer a tea, great. Home mixed or bottled is fine. Whatever tastes good to you. I never mandated any of my troops to drink a certain fluid, just drink. That's why they put grink powder in field rations, to encourage consumption.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Bottom line, be safe and take care of yourselves. We depend on our bodies to make our money this time of year, let's make it easier on them. Personally I like ebing able to enjoy some after work time instead of being exhausted and cramped up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You didn't even read the link from Mayo, did you?

Are you aware that water is a diuretic? Just like Patriot stated?

Stop passing yourself off as an expert when you can't even use Google.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Since you can't click a link, I copied and pasted for you.

So are you still going to argue with Mayo, and UConn, who did the research?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.