I got way too hot today

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zackvbra, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they always say certain things cause kidney stones but it's just not proven. it's more of a body chemistry thing. some people never get them and other people get like 50 of them in their lifetime.

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

You got me beat in the aches dept. Tip my hat to you sir.

3. soswine

soswine LawnSite Member

I alternate water and Gatorade but more water. The other thing I like to do is carry a half gallon or so of fresh fruit in a little cooler. Every other fluid break eat 5-6 chunks of fruit. Really made a big difference in my stamina. I typically pack honeydew, cantelope, peaches and apple.

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Normally I do not use the AC. I have a Jeep Unlimited. Which is a long wheel base/body TJ wrangler.

I have a wind screen from door surround to door surround against the roll bars and behind the front seats. This converts my Jeep into a pickup cab with a short bed.

Not raining I drive with the doors off from May through September. That day I had the doors on.

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here a fresh shirt makes me feel like a new man. Some days go threw 6 to 10 shirts a day.

6. evergreen70

evergreen70 LawnSite Member

When it gets real hot around here I usually find an outside tap or garden hose and soak my ballcap with clean cold water ,usually my shirt too.It is also nice to hose off the arms and neck when its real humid ,get all the dust and grass off so you can re-apply sunblock.

7. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

It gets Hot here. sometimes it touches 111. I wear an adams extreme condition hat
    http://www.amazon.com/ADAMS-HEADWEAR-EXTREME-CONDITION-HAT/dp/B007ZH3EDG
    neon reflective shirts that breath well, Haynes HP DRY socks (Love them, worth looking into), and running shoes that vent. Some time in the middle of the day, I'll change my socks, But highly suggest kicking your shoes off between jobs. That releases a good bit of heat.

My 2 gallon jug gets a water/light grape gatorade powder mix with a 16 oz rockstar in it.

But the real thing that helps keep me cool is using my backpack blower to ventilate my pants after a yard :cool2::laugh::cool2::laugh::cool2:

8. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

^ This is what I do as well, lots of water breaks!

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got one of those hats and can't wear it in our area......workers kidded me about being a sissy. So I went back to hankies tied like a bandit with mask in reverse. The workers now say ok ole man. The hat didn't really work very well for me. It wouldn't stay in place when mowing.

10. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

Don't drink Gatorade while working, only drink water while working. Save the Gatorade until the drive home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.