1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I had a business in town to run out a Redmax 8000 out to my house...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcplace2004, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

and demoed it side by side with my BR600...I pushed HUGE piles of wet, heavy, maple and other types of leaves with both the blowers...After a completely practical demo I was VERY happy that I purchased the BR600 instead of the Redmax 8000...the BR600 was as powerful if not more and I think that the BR600 actually had a better DIRECTED powerful airstream...the 8000 was ridiculously LOUD, vibrated the heck out of my back, was heavy and did NO BETTER than the Stihl600...I am not a dealer and only wanted to settle the controversy once and for all...for ALL the benefits of the BR600, there is no doubt in my mind that the Stihl is the superior machine...neither machine pushed the heavy piles of leaves, but had to break them up first and then move them...the Stihl did a better job of breaking the piles up...PEOPLE, I did a demo in my yard for 45 minutes from pushing 2x4s to huge blocks of wood, branches, leaves dug into the asphalt, wet grass clippings, etc...I don't want to hear one thing from anybody about how the Redmax is superior in any situation from general use to blowing leaves, cause I know the complete truth now, as I have used both the machines...I laugh when people on here say "oh, but the machine does not SCREAM--there is NO PoWer--boo hoo hoo..." Less, noise with the same or more power as the Redlaxed 8000...now that is what I am talking about...anybody that says the Redlax is more powerful is fabricating a story...There is no way on this earth that I would put that vibrating jackhammer of a dinosaur on my back--for any reason!!!!!!!!! The only reason people say that the redlax is a better machine is that they spent the huge amount of money on it and want to justify their decision even though they know they are wrong to say it is the better machine--sob, sob, so sorry, you CANNOT return it:cool2: STIHL WINS HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

You forgot always having to adjust valves on the stihl, thats the best feature of all :waving:

I will give the 550/600 the advantage of being quieter alittle, way less vibration was the main thing. But 550 was a total piece of crap, and 600 that I demo'd ran like poo if it wasn't perfectly level on my back.

Sorry, boo hoo. And i did get to return my stihl!
  3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a Redmax 8000 on wednesday for $529. My dealer is a huge Stihl seller but He had me believe that the Redmax was more durable and had more power. It turns out that it may have more volume, less speed. All I can say is it works wonders over my old redmax 7000. Is your Stihl equipped with a longer, smaller nozzle? That may be the trick because redmax has a shorter stubby hose that is not so direct as even some of the Echos I've seen. There is a perfect blower for everyone. Thats why there are so many models.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

oh no, don't get into the debate about nozzle design. please no! :D
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the honest comparison.

I figured as much.
  6. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Recently purchased the 7001... demo'd it at the dealership didn't notice any crazy power and the 8000 was not practical for everyday use

Anyway, we run ECHO PB-602's which were their best model a year or two ago i think... we run these machines side by side and they push equally, burn fuel almost exactly the same, same amount of noise...

I don't know what the big deal about Redmax is....GREAT MARKETING!!!

Great blower, but not what I was expecting.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Marketing, the people on this board uses them.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't doubt that RedMax makes good products too....

I'm just not fond of their bulky blower designs.
  9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think I am going to go for this one. :blob3:

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

203 mph. 952cfm.

I have a C4 engine. and have been happy with it. runs very smoothy. of course, I would expect nothing less from shindaiwa. this larger hp unit will be interesting to see it perform.

eb8510 2.JPG