I had a good time yesterday!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Duekster, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It has been raining on and off here for about a week or so and the broad leaf weeds are really popping, so are the grassy weeds for that matter. So my business partner and I are trying to get as much spraying done as possible on Saturday. The weather is perfect for it.

I get a call from someone asking if we give a free lawn analysis for treatment. I recognize the CL sales pitch from a recent mailer. I have a real hard time understanding the guy and kind of have to look at the map to find out what maybe his address from what little info I am able to gather. We find that it is only a couple of miles away from our route so I call back to confirm the address. Anyway we have kind of a bet about whether the guy is a shopper.

As I get out the Truck, my partner sits in the truck and tells me not to waste too much time. I go back to look at the back yard and it is full of weeds. I tell the guy what I have loaded will and will not control and that it will be a couple of treatments to get full control and a full season to restore the lawn. He proceeds to tell me he put down weed and feed and the weeds continue to just grow. I shoot him a price and he wants to bargain. I start to head back to the truck and tell him, my product works, yours that you picked up at HD did not. I asked him, what is a better deal, to spend 30 bucks on something that does not work or $45 on something that does? He nodded, I then continue to the truck and we spray. Ten minutes later we have a check and the guys is asking when we will come back again.

BTW, I know why his product failed but I am not going to tell the guy how to use a OTC weed and feed properly.

2. Tulialawncare

Tulialawncare LawnSite Member

Duekster I live in the Texas panhandle just curious what are you using this year. We usually do not get this much rain and the weeds are very healthy. Just wondering what to do.