I had a VERY BAD day...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 21, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Started out this morning with about 4-5" of snow on the ground. The real cold stuff that's easy to plow.

Well, about 4:30am, I started having very bad chest pains, my back started hurting, and I could barely breathe. I didn't finally break down and go to the hospital until about 8:30am. I figured I had just twisted wrong or something.

I get to the hospital only to find out that my right lung had collapsed. WHAT?!?! How did this happen? I didn't hit anything, I wasn't doing anything strenuous. No answers. It's now 4:48pm, I have a tube coming out of my chest, and I'm INCREDIBLY sore.

Good thing I got all my accounts done before this happened. Looks like I'm gonna be teaching my wife how to plow...

Moral of this story? Take care of yourselves!!!

-Tim

2. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Tim,

Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Holidays

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Tim, hope it all works out ok!!

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Tim, sorry to hear this. Sounds like we might get a break on the Saturday storm, sounds like just light snow. If you need a hand, I plow just down the road from where you work, so I could handle that one for you if needed.

5. SlimJim Z71

Thanks guys... I appreciate it. I just don't want anyone else in here to have to go through that! Do you know how they fix a collapsed lung? Ever seen "Three Kings" where he basically stabs the guy in the chest with a needle? YOU GOT IT!!! I was not happy.

Make sure you cover your face up really well when going back and forth between that nice warm truck and the cold outdoors! I have a feeling that's what did me in.

Eric ELM:

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. I have to go back to the hospital in the morning to get another X-ray done and HOPEFULLY get rid of this freakin tube! If all goes well, I should be able to go back at it pretty soon. If not, I just may get a hold of you. I gonna see how well I can drive in the morning, and if I can't, I gonna try to teach my wife to plow... (with me operating the plow.)

This is not a good thing to happen so soon in the season!

-Tim

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Tim,take care of yourself,dont push it to hard to fast,its easy to do that,and yes get your wife out there plowing,mine has been plowing,helping me for 6 yrs now.My wife had gotten us many accounts,the customers are drawn to her and she does top notch work.Women seem to do just as good at plowing,if not better than most men from my experience.I hope you get better soon,have a good holiday.

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim,
    You're alive. That's a great holiday gift.

Take care of yourself first. Great advice on your part. The snow can wait, so can the customers. Lots of guys here that can help. I know some plowers in your area too - if needed I'll make a couple calls for you. Feel free to ask, or call.

Best of luck to you.

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait a minute !!

Damaged lung? Holes in your chest?

And... you're on Lawnsite ????

You be addicted, dude.

9. SlimJim Z71

Yes... I'm an addict. I have come to admit it now.

-Tim

10. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

You take it easy on yourself and get well. If you need help, let those who offered give you a hand. Have a good holiday, and get well.