1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I had a woman approach me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jims lawn service, Apr 16, 2005.

1. jims lawn service

jims lawn service LawnSite Member
    from midwest

at a lawn I was cutting wanting an estimate at her house on Sat.Went over this morning looked at the property.Gave her an estimate 25.00.She said ok and I cut it in 20 min with my ZTR.Went to get the check and she said "done already?".She gave me a check(wants to pay as it is cut) and told me she had a "kid" about 20 cutting the grass for the last two weeks and she thought he tried to break into the house because her alarm was set off.So she thought she should get a new lawn guy.I guess some guys supplement their income buy taking a few items from the customer.This isn't the first time Ive heard this.Anyone else? ;)
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I was doing a fall clean up last season at a friends house and bumped the garage door with my Little Wonder HPV and it must have set off the alarm because the next thing I knew the cops were there, (2 of them with guns at their side out of the holsters) It was a little scary at first but they kinda knew what happend so it was all good. :dizzy: But I'm sure there are some guys out there that are not so professional and probably supliment their income at the expense of their customers.
  3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I used to work at a golf course and close up shop most of the time. I set the alarm off about two times a month. The cops would come in like ninjas from the bushes with thier guns drawn. Scared the crap out of me most of the time because I never knew when I set it off. The front door closed hard with the lock on and would make it go off when I left out.
  4. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

appalachian- i noticed u have a 48" exmark metro. i tried one out today and the striping kinda sucked. how does urs stripe?
  5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

stripes great. I have the floating deck. I'll try to figure out how to post a pic and take some of a few stripes for you.