I had an Idea for generating new accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Jan 18, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

This may be obvious but it just occurred to me. I have lost about 5 customers to relocation this year and will attempt to get the new property owners as customers, then it hit me. I am thinking of watching for properties for sale in my area and after they sell, send a flyer or other info to new owners as potential new clients. I know it requires some effort but I wonder how good the results could be? Has anyone tried this? Your thoughts please. -Paul

11 weeks

2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

not sure how well itll work but i know what ya mean about loosing people that are relocating , i lost more this year than any other.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Some people don't like dealing with them but I have a handful of Realtors that are a great asset. Get to know a bunch.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

to answer your question, yes. capital idea actually. your flyer should mention you are the local guy in the area, you service others in the neighborhood, etc. with all the hoopla involved with relocating and everything, it would probably be refreshing for them to not have to shop for someone. also, new home buyers like to make changes to thier new house to fit "them". probably end up getting more than just the lawn work. excellent idea, i'm starting this tommorow

5. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone called up the realty companies and tried to get lawns through them. Such as the ones they are selling?

6. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

The thought of add on work besides mowing occured to me on the way to get dinner tonight. I love to do bush removal and replants ( best money I ever make). New home owners always want a ton of that crap.

7. Billpa

Billpa LawnSite Member
    from pa

Good Idea!!
    Like said above and I believe the best way would be make friends with a few agents as they can easily provide you with a list of all home sales in the area ( if itÂ’s legal in your area) as I have looked at their multi list books before and all recent homes sold are listed in the back of the book.

Also I think your right about the add on work as I would agree a lot of people would want to make changes to the landscape to make the new home feel more their own.

I have also been thinking of typing something up to sending it out to the local agents.