I had my camera but she went in before i could take a picture.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Shawns Lawns, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I was coming home with my wife and as we turned the corner i say a woman trimming her bushes. Nothing bad about that except she was using her weed wacker to do the job. I tried to get the pics but my wife did not want me to so on our way we went. Have you ever seen such a thing? :waving:
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Only in a Bikini :cool2:
  3. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

so what???? The woman was doing her own yard work with the only equipment she has......did it detract from your business??? Did it make any difference at all in your life?? Did take business away from you??

If she was trimming around a tree with a pair of pruners would that be worth a critical picture?????

I'd hate to live near you. Your wife is the smart one.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You need ANGER MANAGEMENT in your life son :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
  5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I did not realize telling what to me was a funny story would get you so upset. In the future you may want to consider therapy for your anger issues. :waving:
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have used a line trimmer before to trim shrubs that are growing through chain link fence. It really worked well.....much less tedious than the hedge trimmer.

Just turn the head perpendicular to the ground and cut away......

I don't use the trimmer anywhere else.......as far as shrubs go.....

I can get pictures.....
  7. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I don't need anger management because I'm not angry.... I'm simply pointing out that its impossible for anyone to do anything in their own yard without a "lawn professional" riding by and criticizing them.

With regard to his wife, shes smart enough to know that its wrong to snap photos of people and then post them (which I'm sure would be the outcome).

And, I'm not your son, but I might be old enough to be your dad. :)
  8. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

lol ... ohhh geeze... I thought it was funny shawn.. not something you see everyday.. :D
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah I've seen it before LOL, I use the weed-eater to trim off unsightly branches all the time myself. Now if it's in dire need of trimming that is a different story but you can most certainly use a weed-eater for lighter stuff and really you can likely do it on heavier bushes except in my case that costs money so I only do the light stuff like that.
  10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

believe it or not, Iv'e seen it done, and have done it before... a string trimmer works pretty well on those fast growing suckers on a euanomous (sp) hedge. Don't hit too many leaves on the older growth as the damage done by the line will turn brown and look like crap... String trimmers are also good tree trimmers for small suckers growing on and around the trunks of trees!