I had to climb through a ladies window today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Jul 8, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

So I started cutting this old ladies grass next to one of my current customers. This was like the third time I went to cut it, I went knocked on the door and her dog was barking like crazy. When the lady when the lady was opening the screen door and trying to hold her dog back to come out and talk to me she shut the main door and it was locked! Her back door was also locked. So I had to walk around the house, found an open window and went and opened the main door, the whole time the dog was barking like crazy. Anyone else ever have to do anything like that:confused:

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I think Topsites did something like that once--- But I think he had on a black hoody, facemask and gloves .... :)

Sorry Topsites:drinkup:

3. deere615

Haha I am guessing the home owner wasn't standing right outside either lol

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

LOL Topsites is tough, he can take it. :D :waving:

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Never had to do that for a customer, but once for a relative.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i did that at a friends house once except the dog bit me when i was half way in the window

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I had something weird once, well...often, but one that comes to mind. I was doing a bid for an older lady in a wheelchair. I finished the bid and went to the door to show her my #s. She doesn't answer, but I can hear her calling for help from inside the house. So I tentatively go in and follow her voice to the bathroom, where she is lying on the floor with her pants down. I asked if she wanted me to call someone, or just help her. She said, "Just help me." So I picked her up off the floor, helped her pull her pants on, and set her in her wheelchair. She didn't seem half as embarrassed as I would have been. I just felt bad for her. I gave her the bid, and left. I am not surprised that I never heard from her again. I wouldn't have called if I was her.

8. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

your price must been real high to scare the pants off of her..lol

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Nothing wrong or embarrassing to it probably for her. Many elderly need help in taking baths and changing cloths etc etc. So they are way past the, what would be humiliating to us, stage. You did a good deed to help her out and if she had called, then she would have probably been a good customer.
    You want to feel really bad for people, then go visit your average Nursing home. This woman is doing good to keep her independence.

10. deere615

I think you got me beat lawn Tamer. The only other time I have had to do that was for my cuz up the street from us, he would sometimes lock his keys in his house when he came home for lunch. me and my dad would have to get a ladder and I went in the second story window he always left open. I did that like 2-3 times