I had to invent this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, May 4, 2007.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

The cops are cracking down big time on unsecured loads and no tarp loads around here. They camp out at the entrance to the dump and wait. I was given a talking to a few weeks ago and I told the cop that I would go home and make a roll up tarp for the truck. It took 3 hours and 50 bucks but I did it. It sure beats trying to secure a tarp for every load. What do you think?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Great, did you take pics? :laugh:

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

4. siclmn

Sorry but everytime I send the picture this computer disconects from the web and shows me my desktop. I don't know what to do.

5. siclmn

Try this one

tarp invention 006.jpg

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure that 50 bucks and time will save you some change in fines. Nice job. You guys are in full bloom there we still have a few weeks here. Have a profitable season.

7. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

AHHH - I smell PVC pipe. Good job - hope it lasts you. If you are operating it -it will last, if workers are operating it - keep lots of glue on hand.?LOL

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

How did you connect the tarp to the pipe?

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Years ago when I built mine, I used hose clamps. Through the grommet holes to the pipe.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Ah yes! So simple, yet I didn't think of it. I've been wanting to make one of these for my trailer.....now, I think I will tomorrow! Thanks!