I had to share this with you guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a maintenance customer I have that used to be a friend of my mother before my mother died. Actually, they worked together for well over 10 years. I never knew this lady well, I just remember hearing my mom talk about her from time, to time.

This spring, she saw one of my ads and requested a maintenance estimate from me. When I showed up to give her the estimate, she recognized me from when I used to come down to their office years ago. Needless to say, I won the bid.

Before I started mowing and fertilizing for her and her husband, they warned me that the couple that lived across the street always parked his car in front of their home, instead of parking in front of his own home. They went on to tell me that when they used to cut their own lawn, this couple would come across the street and scream at them for getting one blade of grass on their car. My customers had a blower that they would always use to blow off the redneck couples' car when they were done, but that never stopped them from coming across the street and getting ignorant.

Here's where I come into the picture. About 3 weeks ago, I was mowing the property with my helper. I was in the back yard mowing, while she was trimming the front yard. When I came around to the front and had just started cutting the front yard, the inbred's wife rushed across the street and cut across their yard, shouting all kinds of colorful language at me about how I had gotten grass on their car. I told her in no uncertain terms that yelling at me was going to get her no where. Before I could tell her about the blower in the truck, she was across the street and going in her house. Her husband was out there shortly telling me that he was going to call the number on my truck and report me to the owner of my company. I explained to him that he wouldn't even have to bother picking up a phone, because he was talking to the owner of Par 5 Lawn Care.

To make a long story shorter, after we had moved on to the next account, the police came and told this guy that I had done nothing wrong and that if these necks were so worried about us getting grass (maybe a blade, or two) of grass on their car, they should park in front of their own house.

Since my customers and the redneck couple had had multiple problems before over the years, the city prosecutor's office scheduled the two couples for an arbitration (happened today (Tuesday)).

This evening, my mother's friend called me up and told me that at the meeting, this redneck had claimed that I had thrown a rock with my mower three weeks ago when the blow up happened and broken, or dinged his windshield. He even went as far as to claim that he had witnesses. What's funny is the fact that he never mentioned anything about this to the cop who was laughing at him, due to his rediculous antics. The cop even mentioned to this neck about how drunk he was.

I couldn't believe it when they told me that they signed a waiver at the meeting stating that they would cover the full cost of replacing the windshield. They said they didn't know if I had broken the windshield, or not, but just wanted to bring the problems to an end. I explained to them that I most definitely had not done any such thing.

They're such good people. I sure wish they would have had the where withall to call me, before they even though about signing that paper.

The nerve of this redneck is amazing. A year ago, he was left a a couple of big chunks of asphalt in my customer's driveway and now he's doing this.

Since I don't want to be exposed to this neck, nor his wife, I'm going to stop servicing this sweet couples' property. My mom's friend even said that she thought by me doing so, they might not have to deal with the rednecks as much.

I'll tell you. It sure is sad that you have to deal with people like this. Oh well.

Vic

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Send Bobby over there, he'll fix the "situation"....

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

There is NO way, I would take money out of my mouth because of some dirtbags..Unless the customer asked you to.. Btw, at least here in TX, if turds come up to you hurling threats and such, you can have them charged with making terroristic threats.. Which will land their asses in the pokey. I would be there EVERY sceduled cut and just do my job, From the sound of it, the cops ain't exactly in love with the turds either... Probly won't take too many more visits before they find a reason to haul the jerks in..

4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man you gotta hate lowlife jackholes like that. Like txlawn said the cops dont seem to like the turdbag. Do the nice people a favor keep cutting for them. The next time the bag of used profolactics steps on your customers property kick his butt he is trespassin and harrassing you and threatening you the cops will lock the bag of buttholes up. You might also enjoy it. :D

5. Victor

That's a good one Tony. You know....The first thing I thought about when I started typing this novel was that people were going to compare me to Bobby. I know he catches a lot of heat on here, but I really like reading Bobby's stories.

I'll tell you Tx...I sure was tempted to do just that and hang in there with this account, but this neck impresses me as the kind of guy that would try to mess with my truck when I'm not within view. If he didn't try that, I'm sure he would try other antics that would wind up costing me either a lot of time or money. I really hate running from a fight, but something tells me that it's the best thing I can do for my business.

It sure stinks though.
    :(

Vic

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

get a restraining order so next time he comes and harasses you, you get him in the pokey. Perhaps a few days as the jail B**ch will help him to remember to be courteous to others.

7. Victor

I sure would love to do that, but I don't want to put myself, nor my business at risk for legal action.

What really torqued this guy off was when I started laughing at him when he was trying to talk tough to me. He's all of 5'8, 145# standing on a curb and here I am an honest 6'3, 235#. I just couldn't stop laughing. I know darn well that that's why he took this matter so far.

Vic

8. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I seen your pic in the pond forum and knew you were a big dude. And any landscaper has got to have some muscle for all our hard work.
    I hear you about not wanting to risk legal problems. It seems the trouble makers wine the loudest when they get what they diserve.:angry:

9. txlawnking

Victor, Precision said it.. If you don't wanna handle it the way, I suggested, try the restraining order... Either way, No turd burgalar, would rob me of a client...

10. txlawnking

Guy's, the legal issues are the very reason I suggested the LAW in the first place... I too, am no shrimp, and it takes a lot of restaint sometimes to keep from severely beating those who deserve it.....

Of courseif you want some real fun, take the dirt bag's plate # down, and call a local repo agency and see if it's up for repo... Lots of turds don't pay their bills....:D :D :D