I hate a thief

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO CARE LAWN MAINT., Jun 8, 2004.

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT. LawnSite Member

Friday night into Saturday morning, some undesireable cut the lock on my trimmer trap and stole 2 echo trimmers and a Stihl stick edger, my rig was right beside my house, man do I feel violated, this was an expense that I did not need right now. Well I guess my dealer who I bought my new stuff was happy. I now have to park it inside the garage, what a crock, I hate a thief. Everyone please take precautions, it is expensive to replace items.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

hate to hear it happen.

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

yup crappy thing to happen,i had my equipment stolen the first month in business.they hit 3 companies in one night,never found the equipment but like you say the dealer was happy to sell everybody new equipment...and it also helped to have insurance.
  4. shopbytch

shopbytch LawnSite Member

Oh ya, some punks drove by a site and stole a new trimmer. One of the residents saw it and got the plate. The bastards got busted and a cop car brought back our trimmer before we left.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Are you south of Mount Airy? If so, let me know the specifics and I'll keep an eye out for you.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Why can't all these thief stories turn out like this????
  7. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

GET A ENCLOSED TRAILER it will save you time and money and look way more professional
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The bad thing about that is that they can cut the locks on the dorr as easy as they can cut the locks on the trimmer-trap.
  9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This is another reason why I keep my stuff in a secured, locked storage area. I get nervous leaving my stuff out front when I come home to eat!

Sorry about your loss.
  10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe the guy can't afford it , he just finishing telling you he couldn't afford to replace the trimmers. Where ever someone leaves "their' stuff does not give anybody the right to steal it. I'm really sorry to hear about your equipment being stolen, hope you catch the bastards. I kept my stuff outside for just about 2 years before I could afford to put up a small garage. Hopefully down the road you can do the same.