i hate it when people hit me up for info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BadRancher, Jun 23, 2010.

1. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

I had a guy call for an estimate, and. He wanted some bed work done. As we got more and more into looking around he kept askin for more info as to what I was going to do. So, I kind of figured he just wanted to what to do. Then he told me he wasn't looking for advice and wanted to give me the job. So a few days later I call to set up the date. He later calls me back and says he is going to take care of it on his own. I kind of expected it, but it pissed me off so bad. He wasted my time, gas, and money. Ugh. I just wanted to vent. Anyone else run into a$$ses like this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I planned a job to plant 2 3" Cleveland pears to replace two dead ones that had already been removed across a property line with 6-7 other Cleveland pears. For two months, we've been going back and forth, I've done some other work for them, etc. Not really postponing the job, just not in a big hurry to have it done.

Long story short, two nights ago when I was there for some pruning, I told them I could have the two trees Saturday to plant. She said go for it, so I called the nursery to order the trees. Last night, she calls me and says her husband is concerned about the new Cleveland pears coming down with the same disease or insect infestation that killed a few other of their Clevelands. I said, of course it's possible, so now they want Bradfords which won't match. So I have to call to cancel the nursery order, find 3" Bradfords, and deal with her crap. I'm about ready to tell them to pound sand and call somebody else. I don't need the money that bad.

3. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

What's wrong with him ,he could have joined Lawn-Site and got the info for free without you wasting your time and gas!

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

so making another phone call is that much a problem for you?????

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

"Committed to running a professional business that takes pride in serving customer needs with dignity and respect."

LOL...:laugh::laugh: Wow

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

3 inch trees are pretty small

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. I didn't actually tell them "no" yet.

Maybe the sun's getting to me...working 14 hours a day...maybe I can't handle the stress as well as I thought I could. Having some feedback helps put everything in perspective. I guess it's not a big deal, it was just annoying at the time.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Actually yes. My boss at my full-time day job doesn't like me making personal phone calls, and I work for him from about 7am until between 3 and 6, depending on the day. Some nurseries are still open when I get off work, but some aren't. And I really don't like driving his trucks talking on the phone for myself.

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

the challenges in being a business owner get much deeper then that my friend. Get used to it.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I understand. Nobody needs to hear my sob story about why I'm more stressed than usual. The customer doesn't care, and it's my job to serve them the best that I can, no matter what happens on my end. In retrospect, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I realize what a tool I sound like now, complaining about a customer's simple request. Sorry to move the thread away from the original topic, wasn't my intent.