I hate Mondays!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyRoyale, Jun 2, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Mondays Suck! One of our new kubota zd331 overheated badly today-12 hours on the friggen thing. One truck is in the shop (10 days now), parts delivered wrong fron the US, new parts should have been in today-no show. Another truck's shifter decided to call it quits, truck doesnt go into park. Tore a strip out of my partner for not bringing it in sooner, as it had major play in it for 6 months. One of our WAMS should have been out of the shop Saturday, (in for service), not back yet, waiting for filters. Should be done tomorrow. Now its pouring like a biatch and were supposed to start a new landscape job in the AM. My prayers have been answered. For once I have hoped for rain, to buy me another day. What a juggling act this week has become so far! And the funny thing, my wife can't understand nor relate to why I'm so pissed. I hate Mondays!!! Oh I almost forgot, wifee reminds me of a doctors appt I've been waiting for 2 months for on Wed at 12:30, and I have a tender opening at 12 Noon, an hour away....Whats next? Screw this, I'm going to sleep.
  2. Choice1

Choice1 LawnSite Member

Tomorrow is a new day…
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

It could always be worse. Like you not waking up one day. That might seem good in the short term, but like you I pray for rain when things are going bad so I can get back on track

I hope Tuesday is better for you.

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

If only it was Friday, you could have had a long weekend.
  5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

That blows. I feel your pain. I'm a solo operator and have spent 1 to 2 days every friggin' week this season dealing with equipment issues. I can't afford 5 of everything, so when my mower or sprayer goes down, so does the whole biz.

Good luck. Things will turn around. Today was the first day I finished work before dark! Yea!
  6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

The life of a business owner, Johnny I feel your pain, I think we have all been there. They say take it one day at a time but we would be out of business if we did that. Like JPP said it can always be worse.
  7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Its Tuesday-not raining yet. Did my shuffling around-everyones out, keeping the fingers crossed. You need a huge set of steel nuts in this business, and I somtimes get a real kick of those overly anxious to grow and take over the landscape kingdom. MORE = MORE everything, including MORE headaches. That was probably one of my worst equipment days in 15 years.

One of my older guys said this morning, "Most guys have a fixation with chicks and cars, but reality is-anything with wheels or hooters will eventually piss you off or let you down"-thought that was sad but true. Have a good one boys.
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha. That's pretty funny. I've always figured God gave men hormones b/c otherwise we'd be smart enough to leave the"fairer sex" be.
  9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Or as those Boomtown Rats once poetically echoed, "(Tell me why?) I don't like Mondays, (Tell me why?) I don't like Mondays, (Tell me why?) I don't like Mondays, I wanna shoo-ooo-ooo-ooo-t the whole day down. . . . "
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

First rule of thumb is don't tell your wife business problems(she will have to out looking for another line of work:rolleyes:). The next rule is don't tell her how much money you make in a week(they fail(not you Jodi(1Majortom:waving:) to understand the seasonal aspect of the biz.
    Last year, I rarely had a problem. This year its one thing after another