I hate power washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by wildstarblazer, Oct 9, 2012.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

What a pain power washing is. Setting up and fighting hoses. Trying to get all the nooks and crannys of a house. Takes me forever to do the job to my satisfaction.

I don't know how you guys do it.

2. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

Power-washing has been canceled ( as far as washing homes is concerned) soft-washing is the way to go. Alot faster, more effective and you don't use ladders.

3. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

Experience...it takes time to get a good system down.

4. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I suppose it does... Doug, I think I saw you said not to use "Out door bleach" but use regular bleach.. Is that correct? I used regular bleach and I really didn't see a nice melt away of mold like when I used the outdoor stuff on my house.

5. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

Well if the outdoor stuff works for you then by all means use it...I just never had good success with it, (tried it onc)

When using bleach your dilution has a lot to with how well it will clean, and your dilution is predicated on the size of your machine, hose length, type of surface being cleaned, how dirty it is, and which application method you are using, e.g. downstream, x jet, dedicated pump, etc etc.

6. FullBlast

FullBlast LawnSite Member

It all comes from experience.

Some cleaners do have shelf life that can hinder the affectivness.

7. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

heck i love it. Its almost like a hobby for me. like others said once you get a system your good to go. i do somwhere in the neighborhood of 1600 residence jobs a yr. i enjoy it very much. all but the 105 degree heat we had in georgia last year and when i cant feel my hands in january and febuary. other then that i love it