1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I hate rain!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Feb 27, 2001.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

it is getting cutting time here and it is raining so much it will be several days before I can do anything. this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a full week next week, but if it rains through the weekend, i won't be able to do much, I have 15000 flyers going out next wednesday, so I will certainly be behind.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

what am I complaining about, at least I ain't got snow like you northerners do- heehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is snow?? I haven't seen white stuff since December!!
  4. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

I haven't seen green since the first week of november.Longest winter for snow on ground.
  5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

If you don't like rain, then you're in the wrong business..Rain can make it hard sometimes to stay caught up but without it, we're out of business...Derrick
  6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

MIDSOUTH,can I borrow some of that wet stuff? It is dry as a bone down here. Thanks
  7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we could use a "little" down here ....last "good" rain was Oct. but we are still down almost 25" from last year and 5" for 2001
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

at least you dont have two months more until you can start the spring clean ups. dont start really mowing till early may
  9. 44toroz

44toroz LawnSite Member

I know the feeling Midsouth, just the other way around. All we have down here is brown, dead yards. With watering restrictions so tight I hope that something gives here in Florida. We have not had a good rain in over 2 months. I don't want this summer to end up like last summer. Some of my yards with sprinkler systems even died. The government down here is so messed up, they only let you water once a week unless you sign up to their reclaimed watering system(highly treated sewage) and then you can water 24 hours a day if you want(some people do.) The only downside is you have to get everyone in the neighborhood sign a petition saying they will pay the almost $700 to hook-up to this crap(no pun intended.) Everyone would rather let their yards die so they don't have to pay for one of the many low-ballers around here to scalp it. Oh well, things will hopefully change soon. By the way good luck with all of that rain.
  10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

MIDSOUTH,I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, it is going to rain here thru Friday and all of this is headed in your direction.