I hate snakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ED'S LAWNCARE, Oct 25, 2006.

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Trimming today on a curp and a copperhead popped out of the leaves. Scared the heck out of me, but he didn't survive the trimmer.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How big was it? All we ever see are black racers here.
  3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

The best snake is a dead snake:gunsfirin :gunsfirin

Not very big about 18 inches. Still big enough to scare the crap out of me. A couple of years ago I killed a 8 foot black snake on my farm I was afraid it would eat one of the smaller dogs.
  5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see a snake, it's dead. That is one of the only animals I can kill without feeling bad. All we have around here are garter snakes, corn snakes, etc. You dont see them but there are a few rattlers around cause the mississippi river isnt that far away. I was cutting a "forced mow" property for the city and i'm not even kidding, everytime I made a pass there was 10 snakes crawling around in every pass. Absolutely infested, probably hundreds. Thought I was gonna die!:dizzy: :dizzy:
  6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

That just gave me the creeps. I swear my knees went weak for a second just reading that.

No way I would have called the city and have them come down uggggg
  8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate snakes like crazy. We haa a 3 foot black water snake in one of our ponds. I still shiver when I go by there.
  9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

10. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

let me tell you they are on the go here im seeing a lot of browns and red bellies:eek: