I hate to keep bothering you...... but

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turf Dawg, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have a couple more ?'s
    Can you run the blow out baffle and the mulch kit at the same time? I was really wanting to do this, but my hands will not fit in there to put the bolts in.
    Also I was wondering is there supost to be up and down movement on the spindles. I have owned many brands and this is the first one I have had with this much movement. The pully bolts seem to be tight.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes you can run the blow out kit with the mulch kit, in fact its recommended in many cases depending on what your cutting and what the conditions are like.
    As to the spindle question, there can be a slight amount, but how much are you talking about here?

Pj

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Not much travel on spindles, maybe a couple of mm. I think I have figured out different combinations on this deck to cut in all my situations great. I may have to spot weld the bolts in the mulch plates so I can install them with the air containment plates. I now have the flex forks, mulch plates, air containment plates, fusion blades, gator blades and wavy mulching blades. Is there anymore options that I might need to try?
    I know the boys up north will disagree, but the xr7 is a great improvement.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sure sounds like you have every combination covered there, I cant think of anything else.

Pj

5. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

The XR7 works great up north, we just need the B style for our grasses and cutting conditions, and you southern folks need the A style.

6. SuperZ

SuperZ LawnSite Member

How do you know which mower deck you have?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If your not in the South you have a "B" deck.
    You can look under the deck and tell the difference, the "B" deck has baffling in the front of the deck, the "A" doesn't.

Pj