I hate TruGreen!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkjockey, Jun 11, 2004.

1. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Was mowing in a high end residential neighborhood today and have three accounts adjacent. I'm in the middle of mowing and Tru Green pulls up in front of the one I'm currently on and starts to put down fertilizer. Four reasons this really pissed me off.

1. We've had over 8 inches of rain already this month and the grass was already a** high to an elephant.

2. Would it have killed them to come back after I was finished mowing, afterall, I have to skip a yard if they've treated it.

3. The "foreman" has the nerve to tell me how I should be mowing the property when it's obvious that he was still wet behind the ears and had never done a hard days work in his life (Don't worry I educated him a little:rolleyes: )

4. The homeowner never told me they were having the lawn treated.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

when i see the "stay off for 24 hours" sign on one of my lawns, i still mow it. i figure all i'm doing is spreading the fert around, not like it's leaving the lawn at all. what do you guys do?

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

If its still wet I don't mow. If its dry I mow.

4. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I would have kindly told them to leave the fert it will be taken care of.l

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

One of my neighors is a regional manager for true green. I just go a give him a a hard time when one of his guys tells me to stop cutting so they can spray. He then goes and chews them a new one.

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you weren't susposed to put fert down until like 2 days after mowing or something like that anyway. But if I was in your shoes I would be livid. I wouldn't want someone working on top of me while im trying to get the lawn down none the less telling me how I should be cutting it.

Jeff

7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

In the past when i saw the 24 hr sign i skipped the lawn and came back in a day or so. This year after having chem lawn pull up and begin to fertilize while i was mowing and pretty much cut in front of my path i no longer wait.This year has been terrible with the constant showers and fert , the grass on my treated lawns are always growing out of control.Im not doing them favors any more. I mow on the scheduled day, if they just treated the lawn owell.

8. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

I would certainly never put down fert while someone was mowing and yes I was livid:mad: Now that I think about it I think I scared the foreman a bit. I'm 6'6" and about 245 and he was about 5'9" and 125 soaking wet. I told him if they ever came and treated a property while I was still working again I would personally have a chat with his boss.

9. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

This has come up in other posts recently too.

It brings up a question to me.

What would YOU do if you arrive and they are doing fertilizer. Do you start mowing over them, wait, or reschedule?

10. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I was doing an install and chem-lawn showed up and started spraying he got so close to me my boot got wet, So I jumped on the bobcat and parked it on the hose. I told the tech to call his manager and have him come out to talk to me then I would move the bobcat.

Well it took over an hour for the manager to get there, he made his employee say sorry and moved on.

What did I gain from this? Chemlawn lost money. That tech learned a good lesson. And I made a good point