i have 175 accounts how much advertisment

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Feb 22, 2008.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I ended 07' season with around 175 accounts mostly residential. Some one who wants to grow there business what would be a good amount of money to put into advertisment?
  2. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

There was a post somewhere that you take what you grossed last year and I guess like 10% of that would be what you put aside for advertising this year. I don't know the exact percentage. If you have 175 now though you are doing something right.
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

How many guys do you have on your crew. lots of times and average.
    Crew is more profitable than big crews.:waving:
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

with 175 accounts sounds like you dont need to put anything back into advertiseing.

with that many word of mouth will take off like wildfire, also while your doing one home you can allways have a guy take off with flyers up the street may take him 10 to 15 minutes.

it will keep everything in the same area....

Good luck
  5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

175 is a lot of accounts...simply putting an add in the local paper and phone book would definitely be enough...make sure your advertising is eye catching and professional though, like not just a name in the phone book, an actual advertisement in the yellow pages...we had to start turning people away last year after about 80 accounts and we just have a name in the phone book and a small line in the paper...how many crews do you have if you don't mind me asking, i'm just wondering what it takes to take care of 175 yards? (how many guys...)