I have a chance to buy (2) Two Cycle Toro 21's for $200

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rkbrown, Jul 18, 2002.

1. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

A local LCO is selling the above mowers for $200 for both. This is their second season. He likes to change out his trim mowers every two years. I am going tomorrow night to meet him and look them over. What should I be looking for with these ? I currently run an old Snapper.

2. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't want them, I'll buy them, provided they're in good condition...

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

If you pull the rope and either one starts I'd buy them. One for parts and one to run. Great deal. I assume its the Suzuki 2cycles. Those things run forever.

4. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

2 prolines for $200?! There's nothing to think about you should have been there today and been mowing w/ them tomorrow and for the next 15 years! I'm soooo jealous. :rolleyes:

-Dave

5. rkbrown

Thjanks for the feedback, y'all. It's what I thought was going to be said...just had to make sure.

Barkleymut - thats exactly what I was thinking...alternate using them for a couple of weeks, finding the stronger one and using the other for parts. Yes, they are the Suzuki 2-cycles.

yardboyltd...I want them !!! :)

ilovethisgame - up through Tuesday of this week, we have been fortunate and had 2 weeks of rain off and on, I am part time and was cutting till 8:30 last night and he was cutting till 9, so we made arrangements to get together this evening.

Another question, if you don't mind....what is the best 2-cycle oil to use in these ? I'm so used to running 4-cycle trim mowers.

I think that picking these up tonight is very fitting...it's the eve of my wife's and my 17th anniversary. Since I am getting such a nice present, I think that I should splurge a little bit and get the Stihl FC-85 stick edger that I...er, uh, she has been wanting !!! :D

6. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

The Lawnboy oil works like it should, however amsoil 2-cycle is the ultimate...

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

If they are in good shape, I'd wonder why he didn't keep them for backup. Maybe they're the mowers that disappeared from my friends truck. I've heard of such good deals.

8. rkbrown

I picked them up. The engines and transmissions are in good shape. I am rebuilding the wheel assemblies and height adjusters. The mowers are not hot. I saw the original reciepts and talked to the dealer where he buys his mowers. It is just his standard practice to switch out his trim mowers every two years. He sells them cheaply to move them quickly.

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Well, sounds like you've got a good deal. Best wishes to you.

Bryan

10. I'd make sure to call him again in 2 years and see whats for sale.