1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I have a couple cuts left

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sicnj, Nov 22, 2005.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering is it ok to cut and fertilize, when they are calling for mix snow/rain the next day.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if it is still growing cut away. I went and did a fall clean up at a house today, and I couldn't believe the growth that is still going on
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's another one of those years. No one is finishing up with their cleanups, the ground is soft, the grass is still growing, it's continuing wet conditions, etc....
  4. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

i didn't know if the fresh cut and snow laying on it it would cause it turn brown real quick
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

when you study and take the test to be certified to apply fertilizer, you will learn the answers to those questions...
  6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

thank you, dave!
  7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless the weather changes....AGAIN..... Did my last cleanup yesterday.:blob3:
  8. mowmasteruk

mowmasteruk LawnSite Member

This describes exactly what it's like here in southern England right now. We've had the wettest, warmest autumn [that's fall to you guys] for years and it's only in the past few days that we've had frost overnight. Yes we're still mowing to get the last few jobs finished for the season. However the wind's now gone round to the north and they are forecasting a few flakes of snow blowing in from northern Europe before the weekend.
    Then we can put our feet up for a while.
  9. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

I guess you did not get the memo? You are a teacher now at this free school, after you and I and lots of others pay and go to class and get certified we come on here and share all the knowlege that was taught to us and teach it for free... It's all good. :D
  10. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

sicnj, you are in NJ you don't need a lic. to apply fertilizer only. I have my customers on a full schedule and my last fert app was October 15th with 16-5-9. I have seen other LCO's applying ferts just last week but I don't know there specific program. If you use ferts from a reputable supplier they can help you with any specific questions, especially turf farms that sell what they use.

O'Donnell Landscaping