I have a funny story for you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, May 9, 2008.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I was out earlier today working on a customers lawn when one of the other lco's pulled up to where I was working and called me over. He proceeded to complain to me that I was causing problems because I was being a perfectionist with my lawns. He went on to say now his customers where wanting him to do what I was doing. Then he started complaining because my prices where to high and the normal working people are not looking for lawn guys like me. What makes it even more funny is that an hour later another lco came by and did the same thing. Boy you know you are scaring the older lco's when they fuss at you for being to good at what you do. Here is the bad part I am doing nothing that I would not expect done. I edge, weedeat mow and plow the customers lawns. I do try and stripe all visible areas and make sure all trash is picked up. I would not think I was being to perfectionistic about my work. Oh well my customers love the work I am doing and competely understand why I charge what I charge. You know I might do something different if the customers where fussing but they are not. It is just a couple older local lco's.
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

KEEP IT UP! we do the exact same thing, full property upkeep EVERY TIME. its one of the few ways to differentiate yourself from all the other joe blow grass cutters out there. plus it helps you make the extra buck. pride yourself on your service that you can provide to your customer above and beyond what others can do.
  3. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

Go Packey GO!!
  4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

What are you plowing when you plow the lawn? I've heard of plowing leaves in the fall but what about the rest of the time?
  5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for pointing that out well I hope those who are confused know I menat blow. I surrender It has been a long day.
  6. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Unbelievable...........enough said..
  7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Thats funny. Keep up the good work!!!
  8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Keep up the good work. That will seperate you from your competition. They can either strive for the same quality or continue to complain. Their call.
  9. iand

iand LawnSite Senior Member

instead of complaining they should be telling there clients that if they want that level of service they have to pay more and then thanking you for enabling them to charge more
  10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

They just wanted someone to see their trucks in front of a nice lawn.