I have a magnum would like a zspray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lka123, Jul 29, 2009.

1. lka123

lka123 LawnSite Member
    from ar.

Is the Zspray good on small lawns like 2000sqft to 4500sqft. when applying prem. how to you cut in around flower beds??? I only used my magnum for fert! If any one has good types on it, I open for suggestions. Thanks

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

lil bump for a good question. I too am wondering which direction to go with this type of equipment. Most of my properties have a little bigger lawns 5-8-K but no where near the normal lawns of the mid west.

Its a lot of money. I got the literature on the t 3000 I think it is almost 9-k :dizzy: and that one is cheaper than the z I believe.

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

The Jr and Jr 36 (which is most comparable to the T) cost $7600.

I would though like to know how Z's do on 3-5k lawns, most guys I know mainly use them on mid sized to large lawns lawns (at least 15k+)

4. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Junior on 4-5k lawns and it works fine. I just purchased the Z so I have not scratched the surface for being a good operator when it comes to spraying. For granule the Z is a beast.

5. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a problem, I use mine on all sizes of yards. Seriously you don't want the t3000,its not even as good as the magnum. I driving all machines #1 Z #2 Permagreen #3 t3000.

6. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a problem, I use mine on all sizes of yards. Seriously you don't want the t3000,its not even as good as the magnum. I have driven all machines #1 Z #2 Permagreen #3 t3000.

7. lka123

lka123 LawnSite Member
    from ar.

I would like to know how the Z works on 2k to 4k lawns. Iam sure on dry product it does fine. I wondering about spraying pre-m and spot spraying??? I have a magnum would like to sell it and get a Z?? On the magnum I just not sure about applying liquid with it!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I do very few smaller lawns...but it does fine on the ones I do!

It does just as good as any other ride on and probably even better in some cases with being hydro AND zero turn.

I know Andy at LT Rich said he can do that size lawns with his Z Max.

Even though the machine size is big don't let it fool you! It is very agile!

9. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I use my Z Junior on mostly 4-5 k lawns. Spot spraying is not an issue and I am not sure about spraying pre-m. I am sure the Z can spray pre-m but the labels for pre-m might require putting 1-3 gallons of water per k. If you get a junior you will not get far spraying 3 gallons per K. I never sprayed pre-m so I am not sure how that stuff works. You are probably better off using granule like 0-0-7 for pre-m I see lawn companies that spray pre-m and they miss stuff.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Rabbit!!!!!

:laugh: