I have a new outlook on life!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I have whole new, clean, fresh, clear-as-a-whistle outlook on life now.

I am simply amazed and stunned at the difference.

Look for yourself:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Can you "see" the difference?

I sure can:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a custom formed lexan with a scratch coating and slight tint to reduce glare, and the company that does it has a massive account with Cat rentals and everyone else that has broken any sort of glass window on a piece of heavy equipment.

And on a side note, you didn't really think I had gotten rid of my skid steer or started better ant-deppresants now did you?

You buggers.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The worst thing is looking through a scratched/fogged up window. Never fails there is a rock chip or a scratch where your line of sight is :mad:

Is that your new trailer in the pictures if so how come it looks like its 10 years old already :laugh:

So how much did the new window cost ?

You need so see good out of the machine so you don't run over the high paid farm workers :D

3. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Seeing is believing. Looks good !

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice!!

5. bobcat_ron

That was the old trailer, that was the only before shot I had of the old window, but it was scratched something fierce, Finning didn't bullsh*t me on that, now I know why they wanted to remove the wiper blade!

I won't know the full cost of it until the get the bill in the mail, they told me it's the same price as Finning charges, but he'll make adjustments. The company name is Concept Heavy Equipment windows, based in Langley, just off 200th and 96th, he's got just about every frame and door of about every name of skid steer or excavator, large and small, even the new C Series doors, his are stiffer, he glues them in, and if you break or need the window replaced, he gets his framer ready with the new window, and you just bring in yours and do a swap of the wipers and minor things.
    He's open from 5am to 9pm, 7 days a week which means he's a wanted man and obviously a workaholic.

And on a side note, inside the wiper gears, on the main drive gear, there is a second position for the crank arm pivot, it can popped out and driven into the hole for 115 degrees, rather than the factory 60 degrees of pivot, so I can even get the wiper right to the edges of the window, but that's another project. I learned that after the fuse to the wiper blew, the motor was seized, so I pulled it apart and cleaned it up.

6. Gravel Rat

Thats good to know there is someone that can supply a decent equipment window.

I was wondering why that trailer looked so bad :laugh:

7. bobcat_ron

Now this window will be used as a test window for my brother's equipment, if this window can survive a brick hitting it at full loader height, big brother will put a new window from Concept into his brush cutter excavator, then he can get rid of the lexan shield he currently uses.

8. bobcat_ron

I got the bill for the work, $543.20 including taxes, I also learned that the window cleaner I need t use is Lemon Pledge, yup, it's going to have a nice lemony scent in the cab. Turns out the scratch coating is made from Urethane, the same glossy finish on wood cabinets and coffee tables. Who-da-thunkit.

9. Gravel Rat

The window is a little on the pricey side but it is probably cheaper than replacing regular tempered glass on a regular basis.

Oh ya you can get orange scented pledge it smells better :drinkup:

10. bobcat_ron

I won't need deodorant no more either!