I have a troybilt 17 horse 42 inch cut and looking for a zero turn (any type)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by bassngrasser13, Jul 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassngrasser13

bassngrasser13 Guest

Hi, I have a Troy-Bilt LX lawn tractor. It is a 17 horse B & S with a 42 deck. I am looking for a zero turn of affordability. I have been looking at dixon and snappers but if you have any more information let me know. Thanx

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay away from those two!,
    Try looking for used ztr's first

exmark scag toro

Those are the most common around here

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

check the paper this fall for used exmark lazers. Catch people needing money and getting out of the business. You might find some good deals.

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

good idea hoss

5. msd_woody

msd_woody LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 1990 Ransomes Lynx with a 42" cut and a grass collector for $1000. If you look around at many dealers, you'll end up finding something. In my opinion, I would buy a used commercial machine over a new residential one. The commercial ones are basically indestuctible, especially under residential use. I plan on mine lasting me a long time. Also, I think ZTR's are the best way to go for mowing. Before I had a Cub Cadet diesel tractor with a 60" belly mower. My mowing time has went from one hour down to 35 minutes. You can manuever a ZTR just about anywhere and I haven't used my push mower since I bought the Ransomes.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you will notice, this guy is a guest which means he was banned from posting here. There is no reason to answer his question now, so I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.