I have a Vandal

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by regularguy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Karmascapes

Karmascapes LawnSite Member
    from NLR, AR

Got an old army buddy up in your parts, we could set up a claymor and the clicker we can camo as a sprinkler head. if we do it tonight we can say that excessive amounts of alcohol and fireworks were to blame!!
  2. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

You have a good eye. It is a Orbit head as I have tired of having PGP heads run over after a couple of weeks. I thought that maybe the red PGP nozzle that was in there might throw you off.

I actually run this zone starting at Midnight, but I am not sure when the damage is happening at Midnight or maybe on a syring/cool down cycle and he is getting lucky and driving by when it happens; it has been hot here a lot lately. Maybe I will move this zone to start at 3:00 am and see if the little devil might be home in bed by then.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with changing the start time. If the zone is on during the vandal's regular route home from school/work/crack house, then that may just solve the problem. Good luck. Can't stand a vandal.
  4. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Orbit heads are PGP heads. They're made in the same plant by the same people, from the same parts. How would substituting one for the other make a difference?
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Video. Turn it in to the police with your backlog. Criminal damage over a certain amount is a felony. See how they like that.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I almost talked some homeowners into buying Thompson Turf Commander rotors to replace popup impact heads being supposedly kicked out of commission by joggers who resented the (well water exemption, marked with a sign) system running during a watering ban.
  7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I guess your pump doesn't work to well without the handle?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

I know mine doesn't.........
  9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Mine does if it's not too cold.:)

10. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

Becareful speaking like that on here, you will get yourself flamed big time.

As a homeowner I can by the Orbit heads at the big box store cheaper than I can by the PGP at John Deere.