I have an Exmark Metro question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I got brave and bought the 36" Metro ($2500) this morning, will be here on Monday... I had asked the guy about getting that mower in the Flex deck (Metro HP??) and he said the flex deck was only available with the hydro's.. The catalog says other wise... Did Exmark discontinue the Metro HP line???

2. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

do you mean the floating deck?

i beleive you have to go up to the vicking or turf tracer line to get the floating deck. I think?

3. Jon99

Which is what he said, but according to the Exmark catalog the floating deck is what the Metro HP is...

4. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

yep....the metro hp is a floating deck......maybe it sounds like he didn't have one and sold you something he had in stock. If you really want the floating deck....tell him to order you one. The Vicking line is the hydro fixed deck and the Turf Tracer is the hydro/floating deck line.

PS are ou in the chi-town area?

5. Jon99

He had to order the Metro I bought, perhaps he didn't understand what I was after... The dealer is Turfteam in Morris...

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a exmark metro hp 48" with a floating deck today --and it's belt drive

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Your business must have got off to a great start to have all this new equipment :)
    I will verify what has been said:

Metro- fixed deck gear drive
    Metro HP- floating deck gear drive
    Viking- fixed deck hydro
    Turf Tracer and HP- floating deck hydro

8. Jon99

I ended up buying a 36" Turf Tracer demo for $3600, money well spent!!!

9. I talked to the EXMARK rep at an open house and they said they dont sell many Metros period. And next to no Floating Deck ones
    so they done make them any more.

I personaly dont like the exmark hydros
    But Once I buy one I will probobly get used to it.

The thing about TurfTeam in Morris is that they are a Commercail Lawn Care company.

They would not waht to sell you a good mower all that does is make more competion.

Last year they were selling Dixie Choppers. and SCAGS

I know a few people that worked there and did interships for JJC

10. Jon99

Unless he changed midseason he wasn't selling Scags last year, I was there last July and all he had was Dixie Chopper and Exmark, same as now.. Gotta hand it to Ben, he has an impressive set up going on there...

And our territories overlap very little, about the only area being Coal City.. I hit a few resedentials there and I know he has some accounts around there..