I Have Around $1200 to spend....

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by tbambersvc, May 29, 2007.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

As the title says, I have around $1200 to spend on good used lawn equipment. I need a small trailer (6x10 or so), commercial mower, and backpack blower. I am just starting out this year with 2 accounts so far, and the push mower won't cut it for one of the properties. I will be buying an edger this week. I am located in Montville, NJ and will travel in order to pick up equipment.

Please PM me or post up what you have for sale and what you are asking and I will come look at it. I don't believe in posting up offers without physically seeing the items.

I have a small trailer that can be towed behind an ATV or lawn tractor that I can trade if someone is interested. It is in good shape and I bought it from Harbor Freight last year to tow behind my ATV. Sold the ATV, so I don't need the trailer anymore. I can trade this plus cash if someone is interested.

Thank you in advance.
  2. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I think you will have a hard time finding a trailer, a walkbehind, and a blower in good condition for that price. I think you should count on spending at least $2,500 for all of that. And don't forget a trimmer.
  3. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

used 6x10 trailer = $650

used walk behind = $2000

used back pack blower= $300

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck! Ditch it and free up some $!!! Customers don't care how nice your cummins looks- they care what the lawn looks like!! Your budget just doesn't cut it!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a redmax 4800 backback blower 4 sale $200.00 in nj
  6. tbambersvc

Thanks for the posts, positive and negative. I do believe that I could find a decent walk behind for around $800 or so. You guys are right about the trailer, I will have to see if I can find one for a good price.

Curb, no way would I sell my truck. I have way too much money invested in it and would take a serious bath in $$$ if I got rid of it. I disagree with you about the looks, I think people look at the truck your driving before they hire you to see if you keep it clean or if it looks like crap. It shows that you are diligent and take pride in your vehicle, as you would take pride in cutting their lawn and making it look nice.
  7. tbambersvc

Forgot to post that I am doing this part time so I don't want to spend a fortune on equipment.
  8. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We have a 48" husqvarna belt drive walk behind that we are thinking about selling for 800.00. I think its an 03 model and has a 17 hp kaw motor and 1 set of extra blades. No hour meter on it, but I would say less than 500 hours on it for sure. It was used by a homeowner to mow 1.5 acres until we bought it this winter. I have used this mower on a couple of accounts per week this year and it arguably cuts as good as our new exmark 48. This mower looks really good for its age.The only reason we are going to sell it is because we are getting a couple large acreage accounts and we need to get another larger mower. If you are interested pm me and I'll get you some pics.