I have been thinking

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Farmall Teen, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Farmall Teen

Farmall Teen LawnSite Member

Of starting a part time mowing business. I will have my driver's lisense in about to years, so I will be able to drive my own rig. What would be idea's to start out for part time? (Like just buying a normal lawen tractor instead of a zero turn and working my way up the professional lawen mowers)

Any help would be great,
    Farmall Teen

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

pick up a used walkbehind. Either a 36" or 48" depeneding on the size of the properties. However get a good trimmer and blower. For the used walkbehind and the trimmer and blower u r looking at about $2,000.

3. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, a good used commercial WB is far better than a lawn tractor [ at least any of the household brands], you can always add a sulky or a velky for larger properties, Echo makes a good entry level string trimmer about $200, but expect to pay upwards of $4-500 for a good BKPK blower[ and dont forget a good pair of hearin protectors, make sure they fit well]....how big are the properties you plan on mowin?...."Good Luck" :waving: :cool2: payup :alien:

4. Farmall Teen

Farmall Teen LawnSite Member

I don't have anything right now. I was just thinking and I needed some advice.

Thanks,
    Farmall Teen