I have found an awsome marketing idea!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, May 5, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

In the last few weeks I handed out 200 flyers.I got about 4 responses and only 1 small job out of it.I'm not saying that is bad results but it is alot of work.Then I got a brian wave.Our town doubles in the summer monthes from tourism.And there are alot of bed and breakfasts in town.I have a visitors guide book and it lists all the bed and breakfasts as well as hotels and resturants.1 out of 3 has an email address.I emailed all the bed and breakfasts I could.In all I think I mailed 30.From that 30 I got 3 replies!That is 1 in 10 emails.Today I am going to give an estimate on one.I soon plan to email evey one I can.It sure is easer than walking!I still plan to hand out flyers but this has really worked out good for me.I highly suggest this type of marketing to anyone!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

2. RH

RH LawnSite Member

Adam that's a great idea. I heard from another guy that he is in tight with many of the high end builders here in the Twin Cities. He developed a custom flier promoting his lawnservice that the builders include in their owners packet at closing. He includes a $20 &quot;test cut&quot; coupon that new owners can use to checkout his quality. He said that 75% of new homeowners use the test cut coupon because their so dammed busy unpacking that they can't get around to cutting the new sod. And, he closes nearly 1/3 of every those, so 25% overall close rate. Sounds like he's on to something.

3. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Make that 4 responses in 30 emails!!!!I just got called shortly after I posted this in the morning.<p>RH-that sounds like a good idea.To bad I don't know any high-end builders!!!!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

4. eagle lawn services

eagle lawn services LawnSite Member

You don't need to know any, get in your phone book and find the local builder's association who will give you a list of local builders or look for the builder's signs in the neighborhoods you are working. Once you have a list of builders, call and arrange for an appointment to meet with a sales manager. Present your coupons and hope for the best. <br> I also wanted to say I like the idea of the e-mails and I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing. <p>----------<br>Chris H.<br>

5. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

Great idea! I having been looking into emailing some of monthly bills. Not only would it save the cost of the stamp but it would also same on the time it takes for print outs folding and stuffing the bill. Has anyone tried this method of billing?

6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Another way to get email addresses is your local chameber of commerce. They have a listing of all business members , phone, email, and addresses<p>Mike

7. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Eagel Lawn Services-Thanks for the idea,I just may do that!You never know what may come out of somthing like that!<p>Greenkeepers-Thank you.I will try that!<p>I think the big problem with flyers is that people today do not take the time to even look at them becouse they get so many on a regular basis.I am positive that every single person that I emailed read it!Try this out the only hard thing is finding all the email adresses.I won't have a hard time with that.Today I found a website for my city and it has 150 email addresses!<p>from:Adam <p>AB Lawn Care

8. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

AB: Oh this emailing thing is going to be great. I'm going into this full time soon and quiting the part time stuff, and I'm going to be using email as much as possible.<p>On the forum's advice I purchased lawnmonkey a few weeks ago where you can store the email addresses. The support guy Peter told me that in the fall they were going to have a email module which would do mass marketing and that I should start collecting my emails now. With free and effective marketing how can you lose?<p>The future is friendly.

9. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

greenlawncare-You have a good point!Not only have I had alot more responses,but it is free.No cost of paper or have to pay to replace your printer cartrage,and it would save alot if you pay to have a company make up your flyers and hand them out!It has too many advantages!You guys have to try it!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

10. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmmm E-mail advertising....<p>Don't they call that Spam ? :)<p><br>Jim