I Have Got The New 620 Echo Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Feb 18, 2008.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

BOY WHAT THE POWER IT HAS OVER THE 413 MODEL,, BEEN LOOKING AT THE STICK EDGER WHICH ONE IS THE BEST FOR EVERY DAY USE? AN I NEED A NEW HEDGE TRIMMER,, WHAT MODEL WOULD U GET FOR EVERY DAY USE ?,,,,,:confused:

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I own an Echo HC151 and I won't buy it if I were to do it again. I am consider buying Redmax CHTZ2401L 30" with rotating handle now.

No experience on edger. I own a Honda string trimmer HHT31S. If you don't mind a little heavier, Honda edger use the same OHV 31cc engine I have. 100% one pull start, very quiet and powerful, very little smell which is healthier for the operator. Separate oil and gas.

Stay away from those hybrid 4 cycles like Shindaiwa C4 and Stihl 4Mix if possible. Go with pure 2 cycle or real 4 cycle with separate oil.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

just curious why you would not buy them again?

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

can it blow more than redmax 8000.

5. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Get yourself one of these. $139 at a pawn shop.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::waving::waving::waving::waving::drinkup::drinkup:

backview.jpg

bootom.jpg

goodview.jpg

sideview.jpg

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Engine always hard to start, took me a while to get to the routine: pump the primmer 10 times min., close choke, pull eight or nine times before it will start and have to hurry open the choke before it die!! It does not cut very well, I was suggested to clean the blade which seemed to help but it is never going through hedge like what I saw other people did. It is a single ring engine and it is loud!!!! Lastly, it is a little short.

To LDH
    You lucky!!!!

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

MIne dont have the starting problem nor the cutting problem mentioned above. Mine cut extremely well and start ok, but the biggest thing I hate about them is they way the exhaust blows in your face when you hold them up high. The exhaust faces the user....

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the echo 1500 hedge trimmer is crap as youngman has found out.

9. equip4u

equip4u LawnSite Member
    from pa

As far as a stick edger, I would go with the pas system. A little more money up front but if the time comes that you need a trimmer or the hedge clipper you can just buy the attachments. The pas system is a lot more versatile. As far as the starting problems make sure you are using 89 octane fuel. You only want to pull the rope 3 or four times on choke otherwise it will flood. These units will not start on choke thanks to CARB restrictions. Pull the rope till you hear the engine fire take it off choke and it should start right up.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the echo shrub trimmers do have issues. starting, running but not with the blades. we finally got our trimmers to run good after much tweaking and fowled plugs. buy stihl hedge trimmers and echo edgers ane great, try to 260 engine model, great power . i use the small 210 engine and it is a little too small for lots of use on hard edges