i have just a tad of the old msma. Stay away from it when its 95 degrees?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnjunky, Jun 13, 2013.

1. lawnjunky

lawnjunky LawnSite Member

I have very very little of the old msma left. I have some crab goose and sedge here and there. I dont want to burn anyone yard up but since i have it i want to use whats left and be done with it and get it off the shelf. Ive never sprayed when its hot hot. Do you older fellas recomend spraying at very low rate and only touch the leaf of the weed or do i need to stay away from it all together when its 95 degrees outside? what is your experience? thanks!:drinkup:

2. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

what is your application method? fan spray? Nozzle?

3. lawnjunky

lawnjunky LawnSite Member

Just a fan tip on a 2 gallon pump sprayer unless recomended otherwise. I have not sprayed much of this stuff in the past but never at 95 degrees. I was thinking i could just spray the crown of the weed and not touch the actual grass and i could be ok. Im just looking for advice. thanks

4. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on the rate your hand sprayer delivers I'd go about 1 oz per 1000sqft you can go up to 1.5 oz per 1000sqft. Finer mist will blister more. I'd be more cautious on zoysia lawns for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device