I have no luck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from vacation and I have to do ALL 32 of my lawns and despite the fact that it rained for most of the day yesterday I got about 26 lawns done but I still have a couple more but unfortunatly the on/off (PTO) switch for the mower blades won't disengage. It kept getting tougher and tougher and got stuck a couple times this time I can't get it to budge. It has some play in in but right now its in my front yard, engaged, so I can't start the mower. Do I need to buy a new piece? It's Sunday and nothings opened if you guys have any advice it is appreciated.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

if its a simple spst switch just go to a auto parts store and get a new one

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Monday morn first thing be at dealer with part in hand and tools to replace on the spot and hit the ground running. Good Luck!!!

4. roger miller

roger miller LawnSite Member

i am having trouble with my PTO switch too, same mower.

5. JCP Crafts

JCP Crafts LawnSite Member

Where's your back up machine ? Or take the rest of the day off and make a couple calls and reassure the others you will be there asap....Good Luck

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

what are you doing taking a vacation this time of year for?

7. when you go to buy a switch, buy two and keep the other one in the truck, cheap insurance.

8. LawnBoy89

My backup mower is a Ferris 48'' and it would take me all day to cut one yard of this size, but anyways since I had nothing else to do I took the switch out about to go to the auto parts dealer then I jammed it a couple times and I got it moving again but I'm still goin to get a new one tommorow. Also one of the prongs is stuck in the recieving wire thing luckily it still worked.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Vacation??? What is that?

10. LawnBoy89

Don't ask me my dad keeps booking vacation and he says I the only way I can stay home is if I stay with my grandmother, so I decided I'd take a week off and go get some ladies down in Myrtle Beach. Prior to vacation I was mowing 32 lawns and working full time for a building and remodeling company until around 5:30 then I would get home and get as many lawns done as I could. I wouldn't get home until 9PM and left my hosue at 7AM...I needed a vacation.