I have one for the suggestion box

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RonRock, Aug 6, 2014.

1. RonRock

RonRock LawnSite Member

Maybe someone has come up with a solution better than my suggestion. If so please chime in.

Why on earth did they not sew in some pockets in the seat back? Or a small "glove box" besides the seat. I need a place for my ipod, and phone. A pocket for trash would be great. But a simple pocket seems so obvious I can't believe there isn't one. At least on my Fastrack.

2. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

No kidding. I have a little pull string backpack on my vride and a cloth bag from a grocery store on my cheetah. Love the drawstring bag the best. I have it on the pad between my legs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

My exmark has a cup holder and a spot for my satellite radio to sit.

4. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

All manner of smaller lawn equipment suffers from a lack of storage .
    I tied this flight-bag . Holds cloths , rope , secateurs etc .

006 (2).jpg

5. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Additional ideas for a SZ HD are:

Cut outs in the floor pan at front to allow visual of front edge of deck. Wouldn't take much.

Quick adjustable peg on deck lift. If a person adjusts the seat to a happy medium between full leg extension and comfortable arm position (along with adjusting the steering arms) the pedal can be too close for nice control (floating the deck) when cutting shorter in the early spring and fall.

GPH, GPH, GPH, GALLON PER HOUR!!!!

6. Steve_B

Steve_B LawnSite Member

Cool tires, LR3, look like they're for a skidsteer.

For storage, I'm contemplating bolting a toolbox to the rollbar to act as a "trunk." Anybody else done this?

7. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful. Weight issue of being top heavy, air flow for cooling, and nobody in the world of Gov't safety agencies likes anything done to or around the Roll Bars.

Brian O

8. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

They're 26x12x12 from a Kubota BX . Called Industrial series ( they have Ag and tuff also in this range ) , but they're not a Kubota specific tire . I run them at 7-9 psi and I'm delighted with the traction , although obviously they can't defeat gravity . Zero turns are not for fooling about on !